We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report.....Weekend in Cincinnati

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,311 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report.....Weekend in Cincinnati

Got into Cincinnati Friday afternoon. (Yikes that 275 beltway!!) Had a quick visit with an older aunt that lives in the Sharonville area. Then, back on that beltway to the southwest area of Cincinnati where our son lives. Husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express (Very nice!!) That night our party of 6 went to the Incline Public House Resturant. What a view! I could have just sat there all night long! And...we almost did, as it was a very long wait for our table. (they won't move tables together, you have to wait for a big table) But...at least it was a beautiful night. Very good food and service. On Saturday we all (6 of us again) visited older aunt once again, then went to Hofbrauhaus Newport for pre-game dinner and beer. It was older sons birthday, so we had an especially great time there. Good, huge, beer, great food, good friendly service. We did not stay for the oompa band, but the other entertainment, accordion player guy was great. One son even competed in the "how long can you hold out your beer stein" contest. (Close, but no cigar.) Then, we hiked over the bridge to GABP for the Reds game. Great game too...8-3 winners that night! Beautiful evening again...just perfect! Hiked back over the bridge to the car and an easy-ish drive back to the hotel. Sunday, after Mass and a nice brunch with friends, hubby, daughter and I went to a different hotel, the Hampton Inn in Blue Ash. What a different area...just lovely, flatter, more open and...newer looking than the other areas we saw. Daughter went to the Kelly Clarkson/Maroon 5 concert with friends, while hubby and I had dinner at Montgomery Inn not far from the hotel. Again, what a nice area! Dinner was very good as was the service. The Hampton Inn was very nice too...clean, comfortable, quiet. Monday morning, we took our time getting up and out. Easy drive to our exit off of that dreaded beltway...lol. We had a wonderful time, beautiful city with so much to do...and the weather was just perfect!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report.....Weekend in Cincinnati

I have lived near that beltway for most of my life and it can be a bit aggravating at times, but is also a better alternative than some of the secondary roads in the area. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in our fine city. I live on the east side and I have not been to The Incline House yet, but it sounds like it may be worth a drive. The Hofbrauhaus is a fun place and the beer garden is a perfect place on an early, autumn afternoon for a happy hour. Blue Ash is a nice area, but more of a large business park as opposed to a community. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it lacks the neighborhood type, locally owned places within walking distance that you find in the city.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,311 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report.....Weekend in Cincinnati

Yes, interesting how many different areas (neighborhoods) there are in Cincinnati! It is a great city, lots to do. We hope to come back soon! :)

Scarborough
Level Contributor
31 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report.....Weekend in Cincinnati

Great report! Thx! We will be in Cinn on the Columbus long weekend and your report helped. Good thing you pointed out there was Hofbrauhaus on the other side.

4. Re: Trip Report.....Weekend in Cincinnati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 31, 2014