We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Cincinnati

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
1 post
Save Topic
Moving to Cincinnati

I am 22 years old, and I will be moving to Cincinnati to work right after I graduate in May. I will be working downtown, and I would like to keep my commute under half an hour. Ideally, I would like a 1 BR/1 BA in a fun neighborhood (fun for me meaning restaurants, parks, shops, nightlife, etc.) in the $1,000/mo price range. Any advice on places that seem like a good fit for me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
143 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Moving to Cincinnati

Mt. Adams is also popular with young professionals and will fit your budget. Ilived in Oakley/Mt. Lookout myself and loved both. Hyde Park requires a premium and is surrounded by the other two. There is much available right in downtown proper also. It is becoming the place to be but lacks a walkabe grocery desrination for another year or so.

Highland Heights...
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Moving to Cincinnati

Hyde Park is the best. Great walking neighborhood, shops, restaurants, lots of people your age. Beautiful. Oakley, its neighbor, is also a good place. Then there's Mt. Adams, within walking distance of downtown. Some are moving to Over the Rhine, which is literally downtown, but there are still issues there. Northern Kentucky communities (across Ohio River) are also convenient. Newport has many amenities. You might like Bellevue's Fairfield Avenue neighborhood. Both have apartments along,near the river. You'll find a lot of info online about Cincinnati neighborhoods. Best thing to do is visit and check them out for yourself. Good luck.

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,255 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Moving to Cincinnati

I would choose Oakley over Hyde Park. Oakley has a younger, hipper vibe. Hyde Park is more button down collar, private schoolish. Bellevue and Dayton, Ky are also nice, up and coming neighborhoods.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Moving to Cincinnati

I think if I were 22 and moving here, I would look to areas like Mt. Lookout, Hyde Park and Oakley first. These are older neighborhoods that have a lot of modern shops and restaurants and they are fairly central in the greater Cincinnati metro area. If you want to be even closer to town, someone mentioned that the East End was making a comeback and Columbia Tusculum is in that same vacinity. You could also look at Mt. Adams, very close to Downtown with several restaurants, bars and nightclubs.

Cold Spring
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Moving to Cincinnati

Fort Thomas, Ky is just across the river from downtown Cincinnati and a very short commute to downtown.

16. Re: Moving to Cincinnati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, June 20, 2014