We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Cincinnati in December

Ghaziabad, Uttar...
1 post
Save Topic
Visiting Cincinnati in December

Hello All,

my husband is travelling to Cincinnati in December for some office work and i am planning to accompany him.. but i am not sure whether December is the correct time to visit here as weather is really cold at that time.. i have never been to US so dont want to miss this change but not sure if it would be worth visiting.. can anyone please help me decide.. also if someone can point out destinations to travel at this time of year and some details about christmas celebrations there, it would be really helpful

anticipating a reply soon

thanks,

megha

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Cincinnati in December

It's certainly not t-shirt and shorts weather. Bring as warm a coat as you have, and even a hat and a pair of gloves. If you don't have one, then wear many layers and you can always buy a coat here if you have to.

You can find holiday events here:

news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section…

That's a pretty good list. Click the link that says "Ooh and aah over holiday lights" for some things to see, such as....

The zoo has a nice Festival of Lights. Sharon Woods park also has a drive through light display. There's usually also a hot air balloon lighting event in Eden Park, and a reindog parade in Mt. Adams. Another well-liked event is the train display. I think they're moved it to Museum Center (the last time I saw it, it was a downtown building).

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Cincinnati in December

I would say Cincinnati is very much worth visiting, and wouldn't let chilly weather deter you. The worst months are January and February. Most of the city is beautifully decorated now for the holidays. You will enjoy it!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Cincinnati in December

There is a lot to see and do in Cincinnati. Even if you don't go to the Festival of Lights at the zoo, it is interesting to visit during the day. While many of the animals are indoors, there are some that enjoy the cold weather.

The Krohn Conservatory has a collection of plants from the around the world and a beautiful poinsetta show with a special holiday display.

There are also a number of special holiday programs: orchestra, ballet, theatre, etc.

What days will you be here? That way we can give you a better idea of what is going on.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Cincinnati in December

Dayton, with its great aviation history attractions is less than hour from Cincinnati.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60785-c185858/Dayton…

The Newport Aquarium is very good.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Cincinnati in December

If you would enjoy model trains, don't miss Entertrainment Junction.

entertrainmentjunction.com/cincinnati_train-…

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Cincinnati in December

Cincinnati weather in December can be cold, but it is more likely to be in the 40's and rainy than really cold, as a previous poster indicated, the worst cold comes in January and February. There is plenty to do in Cincinnati in December with the holiday decorations and celebrations in full swing.

7. Re: Visiting Cincinnati in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, December 16, 2013