We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secondhand/thrift stores?

WV
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Secondhand/thrift stores?

We'll be seeking adventure in Cincy soon, and would love suggestions for the best thrift shopping in the city. Which Goodwill gets the best clothing donations? I'm touring with a kiddo who can only tolerate shopping for so long, so I'd like the best selection the first time. Thanks in advance for any responses!

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
550 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secondhand/thrift stores?

If you like nicer, upscale clothes with great pricing, check out snooty fox

Www.shopsnooty.com for locations... I visit every time I am in town

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
102 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secondhand/thrift stores?

I've never been to the Goodwill in Tri-County/Springfield Pike, but it's the main store so it should be good. I prefer the one in Harrison, but it's the closest one to me and has a good housewares selection, which is what I like. There are a lot of Goodwills in Cincy so you should be able to find one convenient to where you are going. www.cincinnatigoodwill.org/shop/directory.php

If you are going to the west side of town, Western Hills, there is a nice St. Vincent De Paul store in the Glenway Crossing shopping center on Glenway Ave.

WV
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secondhand/thrift stores?

Thanks to both of you!

Ft. Thomas, KY
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secondhand/thrift stores?

Valley Thrift Store

10050 Reading Rd

Cincinnati, OH 45241

Neighborhood: Evendale

Largest thrift store I've been to, interesting things there.

Edited: 12:58 am, July 17, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,029 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secondhand/thrift stores?

I agree with SunnyTraveler: Valley Thrift Store on Reading Road just south of Glendale-Milford, and only five minutes drive from Interstate I-75's Exit 14.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,517 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secondhand/thrift stores?

I love the Goodwill on Montgomery Rd in Montgomery! I once got a child's Lilly Pulitzer dress there in AH-Mazing condition for $6!!!!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secondhand/thrift stores?

I've been to Goodwill on Springfield Pike in the Woodlawn/Glendale area. It's pretty big. Another big one is Valley Thrift near the Evendale/Reading boundary. There's a smaller one right around the corner from that on Rte. 42 - you could walk to it, it's just steps away. You also might like Traders World in Monroe. http://www.tradersworld.info/ There's a pretty big antique store in Fairfield on Rte. 4 in a shopping plaza about a mile north of I-275, and another antique mall on Rte. 42 pretty close to Valley Thrift - maybe just a bit south across the boundary in Reading.

8. Re: Secondhand/thrift stores?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 19, 2013