We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local food restaurants in Cincy

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
71 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Local food restaurants in Cincy

I'm traveling for business with two coworkers - each of us gets to pick the restaurant for one of our dinners. My natural inclination is to go for something farm-to-table, or at least using some locally sourced ingredients. So far the places that have jumped out at me are Local 127, Honey, and Nada. Only trouble is we're staying in Sharonville, and I've already sensed some trepidation from them about going "all the way downtown" for dinner.

Is there anything that might fit this bill a little further out from the downtown core? Also, any thoughts on the places I've selected and/or others I may have missed, in case I can convince them it's worth the drive?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local food restaurants in Cincy

Local 127 certainly has delicious food, although my top choice for downtown dining is Jean-Ro's Table.

From Sharonville, the next community north of mine and home to many ordinary chain restaurants, I suggest you take a look at Brown Dog Cafe in Blue Ash, local chef-owned, very creative and very good. Also very easy to get to from Sharonville.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
355 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local food restaurants in Cincy

You'll be very close to Mason in Sharonville, try Wildflower Cafe! You will need reservations if you decide to go, so definitely call as soon as you can if you plan on this one. All food is fresh, organic, in season, and locally grown and raised. It's wonderful!!

3. Re: Local food restaurants in Cincy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, June 19, 2013