We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestion

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
302 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Suggestion

Am looking to come to the Reds game on Aug. 13 and am looking for some hotel help. Seems that the only hotel downtown or right across the river that has rooms is The Cincinnatian and I am not looking to spend that kind of money. I am okay with outer areas of Cincinnati or N. Kentucky as long as there were some decent sports bars in walking distance to the hotel for after the game (so looking for an area safe to walk at night too). Any recommendations for hotels/areas up to the $100 range.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
198 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Suggestion

Cincinnati Marriott Rivercenter, Covington, Kentucky

1-800-228-9290 or local 859-261-2900. Very reasonable and nice..!

Forest Park, Ohio
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Suggestion

There is also a Comfort Suites in Newport, KY right on the river. Lots of activity nearby. Hofbrau Haus, various things at Newport on the Levee, the Southgate House for live music and you can walk over the Purple People Bridge to get to the ballpark.

Forest Park, Ohio
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Suggestion

That weekend is also the Inland Seafood Festival. That will be happening on Riverboat Row along the Ohio River (Newport). I'm really promoting Northern Kentucky-hmm, I live 15 miles north of KY. Seems like a good fit for a weekend visitor though.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
302 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Suggestion

I wonder if that is why everything is booked, checked both of the suggestions and both are booked. Thinking that I might postpone until later in the month when I might be able to find something that fits better.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
751 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Suggestion

Did you see if Hotwire or priceline has anything for downtown cincy? Ive used both and have ended up in the Millennium all three times for cheap rates (around 70) and its the only downtown hotel with an outdoor pool....

G Man

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
302 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Suggestion

Yeah, I did check both hotwire and priceline. The Cincinnatian was still the only one that came up. Also checked other travel sites and various hotel sites including Hilton Netherland, Millenium, Westin, and Garfield in addition to the above suggestions for Newport and a couple others. Thanks for all the ideas.

7. Re: Hotel Suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 08, 2012