We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Get Away for 2 moms and 4 kids ages 14 + 9

Perrysburg, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Quick Get Away for 2 moms and 4 kids ages 14 + 9

My friend and I want a quick trip with our kids to get "out of Dodge" (Perrysburg) We will be arriving in the am on Thursday and have until eve on Friday. We are on a budget. Any suggestions?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
229 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Get Away for 2 moms and 4 kids ages 14 + 9

Cincinnati has a great zoo! My own kids really enjoyed themselves there when they were younger. I think that would be a good way to pass a day in Cincinnati with kids.

Also, be sure to eat at Skyline Chili. It's inexpensive and Cincinnati Chili is unlike chili anywhere else. The kids will remember it. I like the 5 way chili myself!

If you cross the river into Covington, you can spend an hour or two walking Main Strasse Village, ducking into the shops and eating lunch at one of the eateries. Every hour on the hour the Carroll Chime Bell Tower rings and mechanical figures representing the Pied Piper are set into motion. Not a thrill, but cute enough, and free! The Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption is also worth seeing. Its facade is modeled on the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris and it has some impressive stained glass windows. It's open from 9:30 til 4 Monday through Saturday, and brochures are provided for a free self guided tour.

If it was later in the year the kids would love King's Island. Although that's not open yet, you'll still find several things to do to fill 2 days.

Have fun!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Get Away for 2 moms and 4 kids ages 14 + 9

The Cincinnati Art Museum is free except for $4 parking fee, and there is free parking is your are willing to walk up the small hill.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
66 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Get Away for 2 moms and 4 kids ages 14 + 9

If you hit the art museum, you could hit Krohn Conservatory while you're there (it's right down the road - across the park, really), which is also free (they ask for donations) and really pretty. You won't spend a super long time there, since it's not that big, but it's a nice capper if you're in the area already.

4. Re: Quick Get Away for 2 moms and 4 kids ages 14 + 9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 21, 2012