We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for Flying Pig Marathon?

Cedar Park, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for Flying Pig Marathon?

Hi,

I'll be in town Apr. 29 to May 1 for the Flying Pig Marathon, which starts at 6:30 a.m. near Paul Brown Stadium. I currently have reservations at the Embassy Suites in Covington, KY, but frankly, the prices to stay near downtown Cincinnati or in Covington for that weekend are a bit much for me, especially since my husband, daughter and I are coming in from Texas. My question is whether the convenience of being that close to the race is worth the almost $200/night we'll have to pay, or is it fairly easy to find parking on race morning if we stay a little further out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
716 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for Flying Pig Marathon?

If you don't mind getting up crazy early and driving into town, it should be relatively easy to do with a bit of planning. There won't be any traffic at all at that hour until you get close to the race venue.

Otherwise, I do see the Holiday Inn Express in Bellview, KY for those dates at 115/nt.and a Hampton Inn in Covington for 129 (both including tax) although both of these properties will require a short taxi ride on the morning of the race. You can use public transportation and walk during normal hours.

The Embassy Suits where you are booked would of course be very handy. You will be able to walk to the venue from there.

Edited: 3:31 pm, February 28, 2011
Cedar Park, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for Flying Pig Marathon?

Thanks. I guess I'll stick with the Embassy Suites. Even thought I'm not sure how much I'll be able to sleep the night before, laying in bed for an extra hour or so can't hurt. :)

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for Flying Pig Marathon?

You can walk from that Hampton Inn, as well.... Paul Brown stadium is right across the Clay Wade Bailey bridge..

Comfort Suites in Newport is another decent place, in addition to the HI Express... but, might not be that much cheaper... and, you'll have to drive from either one of those.

Atlantic City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for Flying Pig Marathon?

I will be flying into Cincinnati CVG on Friday April 29 and will be staying at the Candlewood Suites Blue Ash Friday and Saturday Evening. Here is the Hotel Website

http://www.candlewoodsuites.com/h/d/cw/1/en/hotel/blhba?&sitrackingid=46441356&sicreative=3997863708&dp=true&sicontent=0&siclientid=1912&cm_guid=1-_-100000000000171305963-_-3997863708&cm_mmc=Google-PS-CandlewoodSuites-_-G+B-AmericasEast-_-OH-Blue%2BAsh-_-candlewood+suites+blue+ash&gclid=CLmt-_W0pqgCFYNo5QodV3k0IA&externalHotelDetailHit=true

I reserved a Suite with a studio/one room. I will be traveling alone and will be renting a car.

I am looking for someone who is staying the weekend for the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon and does not yet have a room or transportation.

I am offering to share the Suite at the Candlewood Hotel, Share use of the car and provide transportation to and from the Airport, Cincinnati on Saturday and Sunday for the Day of the race.

If you are interested let me know what your itinerary is and we can agree on a price. $200 is for Friday/ Saturday/Sunday so that can be adjusted.

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
323 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for Flying Pig Marathon?

Well I was going to post a question asking what was going on the 30th for most of the hotels along the river(both sides)to be full. Coming up the 30th for a Reds game and couldn't figure it out but now I know.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
114 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for Flying Pig Marathon?

Joey Votto bobblehead night at the ballpark.. I'm guessing that game is nearly sold out, as well...

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
323 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay for Flying Pig Marathon?

Definitely should be one of the better crowds of the year. Got my ball game ticket when they went on sale.

8. Re: Where to stay for Flying Pig Marathon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, October 23, 2012