We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or B & B

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Champaign, IL
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel or B & B

We will be coming to Cincy area in a couple of weeks and after reading some of the posts on here, I'm a little frightened.

I have noticed how seriously expensive some of the hotels are and I've also noticed some B & B's in the area. Where would you suggest we go (2 adults, 1 kid) and where. Is Covington, KY a good place as others have said or should I go even further from Cincy.

The event I'm going to is in Covington, KY but I'm sorta flexible.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel or B & B

Sorry, The Court Yard is OK. I have never heard of the Weller House.

B&B might be interesting there are a lot of restored old houses along the riverfront that are now B&B.

I hope you are not planning on being in town Labor day Weekend are you? If so, you may want to stay away from the riverfront area. We have a huge fireworks display on the river that weekend, with festivals on both sides. It draws over 500,000 people just for the fireworks. Many start camping out and houseboating on the banks up to a week before the big bang display.

The fireworks are on Sunday night. If you are here don't miss them it is wonderful display by Rozzi's (world renowned fireworks company who just finished second in world competition) but the crowds are a nightmare (especially with little ones).

Champaign, IL
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel or B & B

No I won't be coming Labor Day Weekend. It will be next weekend.

The hotel is Courtyard Cincinnatti in Covington, KY. Address is 500 W. 3rd Street in Covington.

The Weller Haus was a nice B & B. But expensive. I just made reservations at the Courtyard. I didn't want to not get a room down there.

Someone said this hotel is okay. What's wrong with it?

Thanks,

ROTCGirl

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotel or B & B

The Courtyard will be just fine.It is next to a White Castle Restaurant.There is many fast food places.McDonalds,Burger King,Taco Bell,Skyline,Gold Star,and a few others.Covington is much better than Cincinnati downtown I feel.If you have any other questions I would be glad to help.Have a great trip.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotel or B & B

Hi ROTC,

The Weller House has a very good reputation, you may wish to ask them about any age restrictions concerning children. The Courtyard is an OK hotel and would put you close to your event. No need to be frightened to come here, you've already done the smart thing, asking advice on this forum. You will be surpised how helpful these forums can be when traveling. Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the wedding.