We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whatever happened to Stouffers Inn?

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
249 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Whatever happened to Stouffers Inn?

Back in the early 70's, my parents used to take us to Cincinnati for vacations. We stayed at a hotel called Stouffers Inn. (I'm not sure if that's how it is spelled.) My sister and I are thinking about taking our own kids there, but I can't find that hotel. Does anyone remember Stouffers Inn? Is it still around?

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whatever happened to Stouffers Inn?

It doesn't sound familiar. Where was it? Downtown? It has probably been bought by another chain and refurbished since the early 70's. Do you know what street it was on, or how tall it was, or what color it was, or anything else we can go on?

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whatever happened to Stouffers Inn?

"Today, Stouffer Foods continues as part of the Nestle Corporation. In 1996, Nestle sold the Stouffer Hotel Company to Renaissance Hotels and Resorts, which was allowed to continue to use the Stouffer name."

Renaissance Hotels is now part of Marriott, which doesn't have a hotel in downtown Cincinnati. There's one in Covington KY but that is a new-ish hotel.

I'm wondering if it was what is now the Millenium Hotel.

Was there something unique or charming about the hotel that makes you want to return to that specific one?

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
710 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whatever happened to Stouffers Inn?

Yes, the Millennium downtown is the one that used to be Stouffers. I think it's been through a few name changes since the 70s.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
249 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whatever happened to Stouffers Inn?

Thank you all so much.

I'm not sure if there was anything really unique or special about it, but when my parents took us there as children, it seemed like the fanciest hotel in the world. The main purpose of our trip was always to see the Big Red Machine play ball and the visiting team was usually stayng at this hotel too.

My sister and I have great memories of summer vacations in Cincinnat which always included a trip to the Zoo, a visit to King's Island, dinner at Johnny Bench's Home Plate Restaurant and at least 2 or 3 Red's games. We're thinking about taking our own daughters on a similar trip and we're hoping to stay at the same hotel.

It wss indeed downtown so it sounds like it's the Millennium now. I'll check that out. Thanks again everyone.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
710 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whatever happened to Stouffers Inn?

Funny you mention the visiting baseball teams staying there. My mom used to sell crafts she made at a gift shop in that hotel, and she wound up doing a special order for Rollie Fingers once, so I got to meet him. I mostly remember the mustache. :)

6. Re: Whatever happened to Stouffers Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 10, 2009