We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Cincinnati Medical Center

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hotel for Cincinnati Medical Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:00 pm, January 14, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Cincinnati Medical Center

Not familiar with Cincinnati Medical Center. Do you have the name of the actual hospital?

Northern Kentucky
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Cincinnati Medical Center

I'm assuming she's having surgery at one of the many hospitals in the Clifton/Corryville area. Possibly the University of Cincinnati Medical Center.

That said, there isn't too much that's safe and inexpensive. There is a Holiday Inn Express about five minutes away, but I think they're quoting about $100/night. There is a budget hotel right off the expressway about three minutes away from the hospitals...(I can't remember the name, but I know it's next to a White Castle). That might be your best bet...however I'm not crazy about the neighborhood.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for Cincinnati Medical Center

There is a Marriott right next to the hospitals. You may want to check the price at www.marriott.com

Previous poster is correct. The immediate neighborhood isn't that great and there aren't any nearby hotels that are "inexpensive".

The is a Holiday Inn Express at I-75 and Mitchell Ave. (not a great neighborhood).

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for Cincinnati Medical Center

I can't remember the name of it either, but if I'm thinking of the same hotel, a friend discovered that the budget hotel next to the White Castle close to Central Parkway also rents by the hour, so as convenient as that might be given your need for only 5 hours of sleep that night, I don't think that it's quite the atmosphere you're looking for.

That area has nice residential sections, but most of the cheaper hotels in that general area are not in areas that I would call "safe" especially since you're coming in late at night.

Florence, Kentucky seems to have a lot of budget options and its a pretty safe area. It's also easy to get to off the interstate.

Since you're probably either driving up from the south or coming from the airport, you might want to try a hotel in Florence and then just get up earlier in the morning. You'd arrive there that much sooner at night, so I assume you'd get the same amount of sleep. Morning rush hour traffic could cause a problem, esp. crossing the river into Cincinnati, but if it's a really early surgery, you might miss quite a bit of it.

Good luck. I hope everything goes extremely well for your relative!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for Cincinnati Medical Center

There are quite a few White Castles in that area, so even though this one is also just about three minutes from the hospitals, after re-reading the post and noticing the reference to Mitchell Avenue, I actually think I'm thinking of a different one.

Northern Kentucky
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for Cincinnati Medical Center

Lily, the budget hotel I was thinking of is on Central Pkwy. I didn't know they charged by the hour though. But besides the Marriott (which I know is overly expensive for five hours), that's the closest lodging the the hospitals.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for Cincinnati Medical Center

LadyBeBop,

I looked on www.cincinnatiusa.com and there are at least two buget hotels listed on Central Parkway, Days Inn and Budget Host, neither of which are the ones I was thinking of. As far as I know they are for full night stays only. The one I'm picturing was close to, but off Central Parkway, up a hill a bit, and it was an independent hotel, I think. Thankfully, it's not listed on the visitor website! At least there are other options besides the one I was thinking of.

Anyway, you're right, those are definitely the closest budget hotels to the hospitals.

I hope that everything went well with the surgery Medic95!

Lily

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for Cincinnati Medical Center

I know this is too late for Medic95, but I found this link when I was looking something up about the Children's Hospital. The Medical Center and the Children's Hospital aren't really close to each other, but they are within a short enough distance of each other that this chart will give others visiting "Pill Hill" in Cincinnati an idea of price ranges and approximate distances to some hotels.

cincinnatichildrens.org/visit/…lodging.htm

I hope this helps!

Lily

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for Cincinnati Medical Center

I wish I'd known about this before! I just found it on the Children's Hospital list!

universityhospitalcincinnati.com/HolmesOnEde…

I hope this at least helps future visitors!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for Cincinnati Medical Center

Discounted rates for University Hospital Patient Familes

universityhospitalcincinnati.com/pdfs/Enjoyi…

It was a crazy week last week. I wish I'd had time to be online and find this in time for you!

I hope everything went very well anyway!