We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Grove Avenue

North Arlington...
5 posts
Save Topic
Spring Grove Avenue

How is this area of Cincinnati? Safe, suburban or city environment, renting of apts. reasonable. Any info will be appreciated for this area.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Grove Avenue

It runs along I-75. It's not downtown but it's more urban than the suburbs further out. I would think apartments would be relatively inexpensive in this area. I think homes are generally in the lower class to lower middle class sort of economic class. I haven't heard of much crime on Spring Grove Avenue itself, but crime is not too far away (West End, Winton Place, etc.). The northern end of Spring Grove Avenue is mostly industrial, and I think the southern end is also. In the middle it runs through Northside, which some people like (but the appeal is lost on me).

(By the way, Trip Advisor may soon delete this thread because they prohibit relocation discussion for some reason, unless maybe you say it's just for a short term visit (say, a few months) in which case they may consider it travel related, and allow it.)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,461 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Grove Avenue

I go up and down Springgrove all the time. WintonPlace (now called Springgrove Village) is pretty crime ridden. There are some very nice older homes there and community leaders are trying to change the area's image. Hence, the new name.

Northside is trying to develop a hip-image. There are some nice restaurants. Its fairly near Cincinnati State. There is a real mix of people who live in Northside: Applachian poor, gays and people who take advantage of lower prices to buy fixer-uppers. Its been a while since I went, but Northside used to have a home tour. Everything from mansions that are being rennovated to $1 urban homestead buildings. If you are looking for an urban setting with more to offer, I would suggest Clifton. This is up the hill from Cincinnati State and near the University of Cincinnati. There are all kinds of apartments, condos, multi-family conversions and mansions. Clifton has much more in the way of amenities than Northside.

Send me a private message if you have more detailed questions and I'll try to get you an answer.

3. Re: Spring Grove Avenue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:14 am, October 14, 2007
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor