We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do in limited time in Walla Walla?

Silverdale...
Level Contributor
7 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
What do in limited time in Walla Walla?

We are heading over to Walla Walla from the Tacoma area on Saturday late afternoon for a two year old's birthday party on Sunday at 2:00pm. We are wondering whether to stop to spend the night somewhere along the way to dine, play and spend the night or to drive straight thru to Walla Walla arriving late at night? What can we do in Walla Walla Sunday (July 1st) until 2:00pm? Don't want to show up at my grandbabies birthday smelling like a winery. Can you visit wineries without sampling? Is it worth doing that? Can we visit a winery Sunday evening (after 6:00pm)? We plan on leaving on Monday morning for the return trip. We are 2 50+ single females with my 18 year old son. Any advice is appreciated.

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do in limited time in Walla Walla?

I don't know anything about wine but the Whitman Mission is a great stop. It is just before Walla Walla and has some interesting historical information. I found it fascinating!I have a couple suggestions for dining. GRAZE (On Colville St) is a yummy place for lunch they have soup and sandwiches. Right down the road from GRAZE is a nice French Pastry shop: Colville St Patisserie. I hope this helps some sorry I don't have more advice for you.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do in limited time in Walla Walla?

I guess I would probably head straight to Walla Walla, it'll be roughly 4+, closer to 4.5 hrs for you, so it depends on what time you are leaving. The wineries are will not be open at 6pm on Sunday. Most will close at 4 or 5pm. There are several wineries that just have beautiful views, gorgeous properties, and interesting buildings, but I am not sure it's really worth a stop if you are not tasting.

You could stop in Yakima, or possibly the Tri-Cities, but there is not too much compelling to stay there.

Fort Walla Walla and the Whitman Mission National Historic site are good options. On the 2nd floor of the Marcus Whitman Hotel there is an art exhibit depicting the Whitman Pioneers and Mission that is quite interesting. Sunday morning, you could go for breakfast - delicious choices including, Bacon & Eggs, the Maple Counter, Clarette's

On Sunday morning, you could visit the downtown Farmer's Market.

http://downtownwallawalla.com

There are free summer concerts on Saturday and Sunday evenings, 4-7pm

If the timing works you could attend a Walla Walla Sweets Baseball game - http://www.wallawallasweets.com

You could play mini golf (or regular golf).

Walk the trails around Bennington Lake.

seattletimes.com/html/outdoors/2019269742_od…

Silverdale...
Level Contributor
7 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do in limited time in Walla Walla?

Thank you

4. Re: What do in limited time in Walla Walla?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 25, 2015