We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roberts hawaii tour company???

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontario, canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Roberts hawaii tour company???

Can anyone recommend this company...

We want to use it for transportation to our hotel and a one day tour of volcano national park on the Big Island They also had a good combo of a dinner cruise and show in Waikiki. Feedback on these tours would be great.

Heather

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roberts hawaii tour company???

Transportation to your hotel - yes they are quite efficient but bare in mind that they stop off at several other hotels before they reach yours. Unless of course you are lucky enough to be the first stop. I did the dinner and cruise thing a few years ago and thought it was a complete waste of money, the food was dreadful. Shop around before you use Roberts they seem to have the monopoly and use it to their advantage. Lastly don't waste your valuable time visiting a breakfast orientation.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,042 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roberts hawaii tour company???

I believe that Roberts uses large busses and so there are many people and much waiting. I prefer smaller vehicles with fewer people, especially for a tour.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roberts hawaii tour company???

Agree with previous post: Robert's uses "Greyhound-Sized" busses. If your Hotel is on the far end of Waikiki, you could spend an extra hour & a half vs a Taxi. The difference between Robert's and cab fare, with tip, is probably $15.

As far as the Volcano trip, have never done it, but one thing we always avoid is having lunch &/or the VNP visitor's center in competition with the tour groups; it can be a zoo. It's a long trip from Kona, but you might enjoy driving it yourself more.

You might want to wait on the Waikiki package and assess the alternatives you'll see in things like "This Week on Oahu/Spotlight Hawaii/101 Thing to do". you'll first see these in the baggage claim area. Several of the dinner cruises offer hotel pick-up/return & you may be able to save yourself some money. If any seasickness problems in your party, Navatek offers the smoothest ride.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,469 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roberts hawaii tour company???

I would not use them for transportatin toyour hotel. We had to take th bus all over town, it stops and many other hotels, and after a long flight you just want to "get there". It was over an hour on the bus, but the taxi we took to return to the airport was about 20-25 minutes. It is worth the extra money. Our taxi was only 35 dollars , split between the two of us that was less then 20 dollars each( tip) . My time is worth something.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roberts hawaii tour company???

Depends on a couple of things.

1. What time your flight gets in may make a difference on how many use the shuttle as couple of times there were only us and another couple.

2. The number in your party as the cost of the shuttle is $9 one way and $16 r/t a taxi is around $35 one way. So if there is more than two of you I would probably do a taxi or limo usually the same price.

After 8 hours on the plane we didn't mind the extra room on the bus even if it did take a few more minutes after all went there to relax.

The BI I would say book the flight yourself and rent a car interisland airfare can be had for $39 or less at Hawaiian, Aloha,Go and Island Air. You will want to fly into Hilo as it is much closer to VNP and you can spend your time when and where you want.

Since we've only done the Navatek dinner cruise I'll just say it was a very smooth ride and the views were great Iwould not recommend the buffet as it was fairly plain. That's what happens when you wait till the last minute to book.

6. Re: Roberts hawaii tour company???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 pm, November 25, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
334 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Roberts hawaii tour company???

is resort quest waikiki beach (on2570 kalakaua ave) considered the far end of waikiki?? how long would it take me to get to there from the airport?

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roberts hawaii tour company???

I wouldnt consider RQ Waikiki Beach on the far end of Waikiki. I would say the HHW is more down the "end" of the Waikiki strip.

If you take a cab, depending on traffic on the day, it could take 25-30 mins to get there costing about $35 USD.

If you take the shuttle, then it could take anywhere upto 2 hours give or take on how many stops/drop offs they have & costs around $8 one way.

Lancaster, Ohio
Level Contributor
455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Roberts hawaii tour company???

I did a one day trip to the Big Island in November but I used Polynesian Adventures for my tour. They were good and I was able to book it early and get a major discount directly from them. IMHO, it was nice to get a taste of the Big Island and to see some of the highlights, but you have to remember one thing when doing a one day tour, that is you only get so much time at each stop before you are herded back on the bus and on to the next stop. I enjoyed it, but it was a long day. I did the Circle Island tour instead of the Volcano tour because I wanted to see more of the island.

As for the Robert's Waikiki shuttle, I used it on my first trip to Hawaii in Nov. 05 and it took about two hours to get to my hotel which was one of the first stops, but that was because our drive had a minor accident with a car on the way to Waikiki.

10. Re: Roberts hawaii tour company???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 23, 2009