We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costco

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new england
5 posts
Save Topic
Costco

What types of unique-to-HI things will Costco have that I can't get on the mainland? For example, I'm expecting to be able to buy some Kona coffee to take home. I've already seen the warnings that the macadamia nuts are the ones available everywhere. Thanks.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
554 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costco

Yea, but the KIND of macadamia nuts and flavors are outstanding! My personal favorite is Island Princess brand.... The Deluxe Chocolate Toffee Macadamia Nuts with a little powdered sugar on top -- oh my yum.... trust me; buy the mac nuts :)

And make sure the Kona coffee is 100% pure, not a blend.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costco

Don't go to the costco by the airport in honolulu. There was no kona coffee to be found (no 100% anyway). Try Walmart for the Kona Coffee. It was actually pretty reasonable there.

Honolulu
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Costco

Head out to Costco Waipio or Hawaii Kai, they're not as crazy as the one in town.

What you'll find in the way of 'unique' items. Go to the food first. You can get LauLau, Kalua pork, Portugese Sausage, great Poke, char siu pork, good cuts of Kalbi ribs, big jars of KimChee, and quite a few other things.

Additionally, there's always a good supply of local themed books for kids, cooking, and folklore. While you're there, look at the music - there's the standard airport type of Hawaiiana music as well as a good selection of local popular music.

Other things you can find - aloha shirts, seat covers, kayaks, surfboards.

If you're lucky to be here for New Years, you can buy fireworks!

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costco

which costco has gasoline? I hear they have the cheapest on the island - it that true?

new england
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Costco

Regarding gasoline, according to the warehouse finder at www.costco.com, Iwilei and Waipahu have gasoline. We plan to rent a car for one day only, and hoped to hit Costco (and the gas pumps) on our way back to returning the car.

Thanks to those who responded and double thanks to those who didn't chastise me for the erroneous multiple posts.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costco

Beware of the line for the Costco gasoline. It was horrendous!!!!! We couldn't believe it when we saw it.