We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at theRoyal Kuhio lately?

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at theRoyal Kuhio lately?

Thinking about booking this for a week in May/07. I hope I'm making a good decision. Is the construction that I hear about near there? I'm hoping for a quiet stay yet close the the beach.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at theRoyal Kuhio lately?

The Royal Kuhio Condo's are located approximately four small blocks from the beach on Kuhio Avenue between Royal Hawaiian and Seaside Avenues. There is a construction sight on the "mauka" mountain side of the Royal Kuhio where it seems that the heavy equipment and supplies are kept. I believe this sight is for the work that is being done on the Ala Way canal. It will have no bearing on your stay at the Royal Kuhio.

The consturction that you are talking about are the remodeling of the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center (Kalakaua Avenue between the Outrigger Hotel & Diamond Head side of Lewers Street) and the new Outrigger Super Block that is coming up on the ocean side of Lewers St. & the lower Beachwalk. By May 2007, I believe major construction work will be done. I believe one of the time shares opening on Lewers would like to have a start date early 2007.

Hope this helps. Good luck ..... "Live Aloha"

2. Re: Anyone stayed at theRoyal Kuhio lately?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 26, 2009