We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Honolulu this Friday (Dec. 1)

San francisco
1 post
Save Topic
Hotel in Honolulu this Friday (Dec. 1)

Need help! I am going to Honolulu this week-end and have hotel booked at the Hilton Hawaiian village for Dec. 2 -4; but I am taking the flight that arrives late in the evening of Friday (Dec. 1). I am looking for a reasonably priced hotel just to sleep for that evening and transfer to Hilton the next day. My flight arrives at 10 PM and I don't want to spend a lot of money just to sleep for a few hours. I just need a clean room and bathroom. Any suggestion

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,902 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Honolulu this Friday (Dec. 1)

You could try the Hawaiian Hotel or The Breakers on Beach Walk. All the hotel "regulars" don't want to stay there right now because of the Lewers Street construction, but might suit your purposes. The price is right, and it's at the end of Waikiki you want to be at for HHV.

-suze

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Honolulu this Friday (Dec. 1)

My recommendation is to spend the night utilizing the hotels around the Honolulu Airport upon your arrival, than, take a cab into Waikiki to the HHV (approx. $25) the next morning after check out. Call the Honolulu Airport and The Best Western Plaza Airport Hotel direct. Here is the numbers: Honolulu Airport Hotel Toll Free (800) 800-3477 and the Best Western Plaza Hotel Toll Free (800) 800-4683. Both hotel offers free shuttle pick up.

Another option is to walk into the baggage claim area and look for the advertising phone board with hotels and transportation company. There are many hotels that offer discounted rates when consumers call direct. You may be able to get a discounted hotel room in Waikiki. Hope this helps, if not post and I will help.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,335 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Honolulu this Friday (Dec. 1)

Get a room in Waikiki. Wake up to the ocean. Take a stroll, eat breakfast in a number of nice places.

It only takes about 15 minutes longer to get to a Waikiki hotel than to an airport hotel.

Most hotels will allow you to leave baggage when you check out until time for you to check into a different hotel or until your flight.

Many hotels & I'm sure HHV is one of them will allow you to leave luggage if needed before you check in.

Map of Waikiki hotels & condos:

www.waikiki.us/waikikimap.html…

You can find a decent hotel in Waiki for one night for less than what an airport hotel costs.

Ohana hotels are decent. Queen Kapiolani is decent.

Try expedia.com priceline.com bookit.com hawaii.com or a number of other sites

4. Re: Hotel in Honolulu this Friday (Dec. 1)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, August 25, 2009