We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with best views of diamond head

north of Toronto
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with best views of diamond head

My new husband and I are stopping in Honolulu for 1 night. We would like to wake up in the morning with a fabulous view of diamond head. Which hotels have rooms with the best view, that are nice but not $400.00 per night!

SoCAL
Level Contributor
415 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with best views of diamond head

You could try the Marriott Waikiki, but request higher up & the front tower, forget which one it is called, but it is near the very end of Waikiki before the park (there is one more building, but shorter I believe). I had a room with a balcony one time there, with a good view of Diamond Head.

Or you can try the Outrigger...I think they have views...you can see it nicely from Duke's...

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,784 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with best views of diamond head

Here is a map of Waikiki hotels:

www.waikiki.us/waikikimap.html…

There are seven hotels on the beach:

Sheraton Moana Surfrider - (shown on map as two separate hotels, but they are together. Surfrider would be the newer & taller tower). Taller tower would have decent view.

Outrigger Waikiki- next to Moana Surfrider. Upper rooms have decent views of Diamond Head, but I would be concerned about lower blocked at least partially by Moana Surfrider.

Royal Hawaiian - upper rooms will have a good view. lower rooms blocked by trees.

Sheraton Waikiki - This looks like the best bet for a good view of Diamond Head with no worries about being blocked by other hotels. Has a good angle toward Diamond Head. Lower rooms in one of the wings appears to be blocked by Royal Hawaiian. But, Royal Hawaiian isn't very high.

Halekulani - Best hotel in Waikiki. Many of the rooms will have good views of Diamond Head. Some rooms will be at least partially blocked by Sheraton Waikiki

Outrigger Reef - Rooms that stick out closest to ocean will have a good view. Has a good angle toward Diamond Head. Also upper rooms will have a good view over the Halekulani.

Hilton Hawaiian Village - Decent view toward Diamond Head from Rainbow tower & Alii Tower. Other hotels like Outrigger Reef blocking some of the view.

Whatever you decide, make sure you are high enough to see over trees or other hotels

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with best views of diamond head

I had great unobstructed views from the Alii Tower and you can get them from the Diamond Head Corner rooms in the Rainbow Tower as well. Pricey and hard to reserve as I just tried. The Alii partially blocks some of the side room about 4-5 back from the corner. I've stayed in the Alii Tower 3 times and always had a good view when up near the corner that is both oceanfront and Diamond Head. You see the full sweep of Waikiki as it curves back and then out again toward Diamond Head.

north of Toronto
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with best views of diamond head

Thanks for all the info, now I can make a better choice.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with best views of diamond head

The Queen Kapiolani Hotel is on Kapahulu Ave on the east side of Waikiki across from the zoo. The view of Diamond Head is completely unobstructed from here. You can even get a corner room with one window facing Diamond Head and the other with an unobstructed view of the ocean, also. This is an old, lower-priced hotel, but the views can't be beat!!

Alhambra, California
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with best views of diamond head

the queen kapiolani was great for diamond head view but yes the hotel is a little on the older side. if you dont mind the 2-star hotel this one would be great for the view.

7. Re: Hotel with best views of diamond head

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, August 14, 2009