We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from airport to Pearl Harbor?

Phoenix
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
taxi from airport to Pearl Harbor?

Hello -

We are traveling to Kauai in December, and are planning to fly back to Honolulu for a day to tour Pearl Harbor. We are only going to be there for one day - should we rent a car, or just take a taxi from the airport to the memorial? How far is it? I tried to find a map, but I couldn't tell how far it was....

If we do take a taxi, what is a fair price - I don't want to pay a jacked up price because we are tourists...

Thanks -

Laurie

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,335 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from airport to Pearl Harbor?

USS Arizona Memorial Visitors Center is about 4 miles from the airport.

You have three choices:

1. Cab - Probably about $15-$20 one way

2. Rent a car. You can see a lot of the island in 1/2 a day or so.

3. City bus. Only about 10 minutes from Airport to USS Arizona. Few stops in between. $2 each trip. You are allowed carryons.

This map dosesn't have a mileage scale, but shows where airport & USS Arizona Visitors Center is. You can click on arrows for other maps.

www.waikiki.us/waikikimap.html…

The bus regulations:

http://www.thebus.org/CS/RulesReg.asp

If you rent a car, you can pretty much tour the city. National Cemetery of the Pacific, historic area around Iolani Palace, Waikiki.

Or you can do one of the two driving tours at the end of this list. Each takes about 4-5 hours depending on stops:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

albany, n.y.
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from airport to Pearl Harbor?

a taxi from the airport to Pearl Harbor is about 13.00 dollars. The deive will probably be upset with a short fare so tip well. He has been sitting in line for about 2 hours waiting for a fare. The ride is about 10 minutes

long, but go early as you may have a long wait after 10a.m.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,685 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from airport to Pearl Harbor?

Remember that you can't take any bags into PH/USS Arizona, including purses, fanny packs, back packs, etc. You can take a camera case but only one that's the size of the camera that's in it (i.e., none with extra room or pockets). I think there are some lockers or a bag check nearby, so if you have something to store you might want to make sure you have some change or single bills on you to pay for it.

United States
Level Contributor
420 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from airport to Pearl Harbor?

Where can you pick the bus up at the airport and how close to Pearl Harbor & memorial does it drop you off?

Phoenix
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from airport to Pearl Harbor?

Thanks for all the info! I am thinking we will probably just rent a car for the day...depending on how long it takes at the Memorial, we could drive around and see a few other things...

Jeepgirl

Houston, Tx
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi from airport to Pearl Harbor?

I am questioning the same thing. Has anyone taken The Bus public transportation from the airport to Pearl Harbor? If so, how was it? It is alot less expensive than the shuttles. What do you think?

Thanks,

Cindy

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,335 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi from airport to Pearl Harbor?

It drops you off within a block of USS Arizona Memorial Visitors Center.

Not sure where it stops at the airport. Just ask anyone who works there.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi from airport to Pearl Harbor?

City Bus #20 (Airport/Pearlridge) --- bus stops are located on the second level (departure level) of the main terminal. City buses do not stop at the interland terminals. City Bus #42 (Ewa) is another bus that will take you directly to PH.

The cost is $2.00 and I learned something new ..... two days ago, I witness bus #42 dropping passengers off at the Arizona Museum where you get your boarding passes. This is probably new to the bus riders. Returning to the airport, I believe you need to walk out to the main bus stop on Kam Hwy (5 minutes).

Buses to PH runs about 10 to 20 minutes apart. The Bus schedule information telephone number is (808) 848-4444.

Have fun & "Live Aloha"

9. Re: taxi from airport to Pearl Harbor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 18, 2009