We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Island overviews

Columbus, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
All Island overviews

What's the best way to see all of the islands, by air or boat?

Best Seller
Turtle Canyon Snorkel Cruise by...
122 reviews
from $96.75*
Best Seller
Oahu Grand Circle Island Day Tour...
667 reviews
from $80.31*
Best Seller
Pearl Harbor Tour From Honolulu
183 reviews
from $46.00*
Hawaii
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: All Island overviews

Well, I'm not exactly sure about this. Airfare is getting really expensive these days. I know they have interisland cruises, but I haven't gone on any.

How long are you planning to stay in Hawaii? You could go to Oahu, Big Island, Maui, Kauai but I would suggest going to just a couple or at the most three, and spending a little time exploring those islands. You don't want to rush things. The Big Island is laid back, good for relaxing. Maui has the tourist thing down in Lahaina....but a must see is going up to Haleakala Crater....and also going to Sunrise Protea Farm (I think that's the name). There are also some wineries on Maui. There is one in Ulupalakua that was nice.

st. louis
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: All Island overviews

you could take day trips to each island from one primary island, but it gets very expensive. The best way to travel to all islands is by plane. Aloha airlines used to have a deal, unlimited flight for one price. I don't think they have this deal any longer, but you may want to call them or hawaiian airlines and see. I would concentrate more on 2 or 3 islands unless you have a month to explore.