We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikiki in October...weather okay???

Toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
Waikiki in October...weather okay???

Hi all! My husband and I are planning to go to Waikiki the last week of October. I was wondering if this was a good time to go...I've heard that this is the rainy season and that it wouldn't be the best time to go there. Please help...

Thanks in advance. :o)

72014087pg
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Waikiki in October...weather okay???

Hi! I was originally booked on a trip to Waikiki for the end of October but due to circumstances, had to change it and just came back a week ago. It is my understanding that October is a nice time to go, temperature is sill in the 80's and sunny. If you go, stop by Coconut Willy's at the international market and listen to the live music by Kevin Mau (Mon - Fri from 8 - 12:30) he is wonderful!

72014087pg
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Waikiki in October...weather okay???

Hi! I was originally booked on a trip to Waikiki for the end of October but due to circumstances, had to change it and just came back a week ago. It is my understanding that October is a nice time to go, temperature is sill in the 80's and sunny. If you go, stop by Coconut Willy's at the international market and listen to the live music by Kevin Mau (Mon - Fri from 8 - 12:30) he is wonderful!

Mukilteo, Washington
Level Contributor
372 posts
29 reviews
12 helpful votes
3. Re: Waikiki in October...weather okay???

We'll be there at the same time! We picked October because we were there last year and it was perfect. The weather was nice and warm. We were there a little over a week. It "misted" at Waikiki. No one even got off of the beach it was so light. We had one real rain on the drive back from the north shore. We booked our trip this year hoping that it will be the same great weather.

Enjoy your trip,

Nancy

Bayonne, France
Level Contributor
11,349 posts
4. Re: Waikiki in October...weather okay???

Average daytime high for Honolulu in October is 84.7 F...

Average night-time low is 72.4 F.

All-time high of 94 F, low a bone-chilling 61 F.

Overall average for the month 78.5 F.

Average number of days in month with trace of rain or more: 8

Avverage rainfall in October is 2.18 inches, which is just about the monthly average for the year. It is on the cusp of the rainy season.

Relative humidity: 69 percent during the morning and 55 percent in the afternoon.

Normal for the month is 11 fully clear days, 19 days partly cloudy and 1 cloud covered day.

Average wind speed of 11.4 MPH (Ahhhh, the blessed trades)

Source: NOAA HNL and State of Hawaii Data Book

Toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
5. Re: Waikiki in October...weather okay???

Thanks for the input! Looking forward to our vacation!!!

Bay Area
5 posts
6. Re: Waikiki in October...weather okay???

We are gonna be there shortly as well. Time to start getting serious about planning! I saw online something about "Voggy" air conditions? Have any of you there noticed anything different? Does Hawaii actually get "smoggy"?

Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
502 posts
7. Re: Waikiki in October...weather okay???

October is actually one of the driest months. Winter is more rainy, Dec-March, so no worries. About vog, Oahu is way too far from Hawaii's volcanoes to get voggy. It hardly ever reaches us here on Maui, which is closer. And smog's not a probem either -- all the islands are usually refreshed by trade winds off the ocean, so we get comfortable weather and clear skies most of the time.

California
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
8 helpful votes
8. Re: Waikiki in October...weather okay???

My husband and I spent 11 days there last October and it was beautiful weather! Hope you have as much fun there as we did!

Debbie

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
9. Re: Waikiki in October...weather okay???

That "Vog" seems to have passed. Beautiful day at Waikiki today, although the surf could have been a couple feet bigger.

Mukilteo, Washington
Level Contributor
372 posts
29 reviews
12 helpful votes
10. Re: Waikiki in October...weather okay???

Just an update...

The weather was gorgeous Oct 21-29. It rained on parts of Oahu a couple of days, but barely a spritz in Waikiki (a few drops one morning). Great warm weather with trade winds blowing through. The water was warm and comfortable. We never got rained on while out after noon.

The water was a great temp. Warm enough for just a bikini. I wasn't even cold when I got out and the wind hit. If you snorkel or scuba, you might want a wet suit.

N