We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to hawaii

San Diego
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
moving to hawaii

We are thinking about moving to Hawaii. Are there places that are considered bad areas to live (crime, racism , anti haloe etc. ). I'm white my wife in philippina,open minded not PC. but don't care for real racism.

Todd

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,682 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moving to hawaii

You might want to read:

"So You Want to Live in Hawaii: A Guide to Settling and Succeeding in the Islands"

It is a little outdated where rental costs are concerned but it does have a wealth of other info.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
711 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: moving to hawaii

I suggest you avoid the homestead areas of Waianae (Nanakuli, Makaha, etc.) and Waimanalo.

A more friendly environment might be found in areas like Mililani, Makakilo, Kailua, Hawaii-kai/Aina Hina area, Kahala- St Louis Heights (older neighborhoods), and parts of Kaneohe.

3. Re: moving to hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 21, 2009