We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stand Up Paddle Board in Waikiki

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Stand Up Paddle Board in Waikiki

We will stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki next march.

Question :

If we want to rent Stand up paddle board for few hours, can we rent somewhere else than at the Hilton ($$$) and bring it to the Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon ?

Dallas
Level Contributor
26,692 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stand Up Paddle Board in Waikiki

Do you mean somewhere else on the beach or some off site location?

I don't see why you could not. They really can't and don't keep an eye on where you go so I see no reason you could not do that. There are even some places that rent that equipment off the beach that you could use. You would need a car to get to those.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
52,226 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stand Up Paddle Board in Waikiki

Since the Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon is public property and everyone is welcome, I too see no reason why you can't rent a board anywhere you want to.

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stand Up Paddle Board in Waikiki

Good price at www.qualitysurboardshawaii.com

on the other side of the Hilton.

All day rental for 30$ at this place instead of 40$ for an hour at the hotel.

That's why I asked !

I don't want to arrive at the hotel and they refuse...

Thanks !

Virginia
Level Contributor
707 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stand Up Paddle Board in Waikiki

One thing to consider is that they are heavier than I anticipated they would be, so I wouldn't want to have to take it very far. Also, keep in mind the lagoon is relatively small, so an hour of paddling seemed like plenty for me. If I would have done it any longer I would have switched to the ocean. The lagoon is a great place to learn and practice, but unless you had several people in your party you most likely wouldn't want to do it in the lagoon for much more than an hour anyway.

Dallas
Level Contributor
26,692 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stand Up Paddle Board in Waikiki

No the hotel can't refuse you. They don't own the lagoon. It's public and open to anyone.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stand Up Paddle Board in Waikiki

Was going to recommend quality surfboards for the rental! The entire beach area by HHV, not just the lagoon, is suitable for it, have seen many locals out. One even with his dog!

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stand Up Paddle Board in Waikiki

Down by Diamond Head you can rent and SUP at Kaimana Beach and the New Otani Hotel. The Rentals are located on the side of the hotel next to the park.

California
Level Contributor
574 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stand Up Paddle Board in Waikiki

I agree with Herky. Those SUP boards are heavy! I could hardly pull the one I rented at the HHV lagoon out of the water. At least if you pay a little more & rent right there at the lagoon, the beach boys will help you. Yes, rent quality boards as Travlng suggests.

9. Re: Stand Up Paddle Board in Waikiki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 01, 2016