We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Owensboro, ky
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay

My husband and I are going to Oahu in June 2005. I have search and search on the internet as the best place to stay. Does everyone stay in Waikiki? I thought about staying in a b&b in Kailua, about 30 minutes from the hustle and bustle. I like a clean place but nothing fancy, because we will be out everyday seeing the island. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

kailua is fine its probably more than 30minutes from waikiki .. if your into night life and that sort of thing then i would recommend waikiki .. if your into relaxing then kailua would be fine .. you would just have to drive everywhere that you wanted to go.

sacramento,ca
Level Contributor
6 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

Read my review of the Aston Pacific Monarch.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
899 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay

kailua beach is the nicest beach I have ever been to. Like others said, if you're looking for nightlife, shopping, etc, than you'll probably want Waikiki. If not, Kailua is a great place.

Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay

Kailua is a great area for swimming, but I would watch out for the full moon..it can cause man-o-war to be in the area. Winds can also bring them.