We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Lunch 2014

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Christmas Lunch 2014

Hi, I will be in Honolulu over Christmas / New Year. Can anyone tell me of some nice restaurants to spend Christmas lunch at?

Thanks!

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,543 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Lunch 2014

That is such a hard question to answer because there are many, many nice restaurants in Honolulu.

Do you have a budget in mind? Is a good view imortant to you? Most restuarants will probably be serving some kind of Christmas special for that do which is probably going to be ham or turkey with all the "fixins."

Many might suggest House Without a Key because it is located in the Halekulani hotel, right on the beach and generally good food. But, it is also very expensive and I am sure you will have to make reservations before you go to get in there.

So, budget, view, food type? And maybe others will have some suggestions to help you.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,098 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Lunch 2014

Budget would help, so would the make up your party (kids, adults, etc).

I agree that Halekulani would be great, but I'd favor Orchids over the House Without a Key, but you want to get reservations soon and they book solid on Christmas Day.

Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Lunch 2014

We too are thinking of spending Christmas 2014 in Hawaii but am worried that the weather will not be warm enough for us Aussies ;-p.

Is it a big tourist season or is it very quiet this time of the year?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,748 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Lunch 2014

Outside of the summer months, the Christmas season is the busiest time of the year, notably the week between Christmas and New Year. Temps average around 75 degrees. It may or may not rain is this is part of our "rainy season". Most of the larger hotels will have a special brunch or menu set up for Christmas Day.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Lunch 2014

Hi Placebets, many thanks for your suggestion. My budget is fairly open although the ridiculously expensive I'll avoid.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Lunch 2014

Hi Scottca075, thanks for your suggestion also. I am travelling and dining by myself. Budget is fairly open but as I said previously, I'm not into the ridiculously expensive. I'll look at the Orchids also.

Cheers

Edited: 6:25 pm, June 10, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Lunch 2014

@elle. The week after christmas is one of the busiest 7-10 days in Hawaii during the year. Hotel and car rates sky rocket. Very very busy.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Lunch 2014

We are in Sydney and spent Xmas 2012 there....very busy, 26 degrees most days, so good we are going back this Xmas!

Oregon
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Lunch 2014

I was solo there two years ago during Thanksgiving. Spent most of the day at the beach, walked across the street to an ABC store, bought a salad, fresh fruit and a can of POG....and had a great "dinner" people watching from my lanai.

No reservations, no long lines. It was wonderful !!

Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas Lunch 2014

THanks for you replies. Most helpful.