We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aulani and Hilton Hawaiian Village

melbourne
Level Contributor
88 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Aulani and Hilton Hawaiian Village

Hi

We are a family of 4 adults and 3 kids ages 11,8 and 2. We are looking at travelling late Sep early Oct and was wondering what the weather is like? Also we are thinking of 3 nights at the start at the Aulani for the kids then 7 nights at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. We are first time travellers to Hawaii and would appreciate any assistance and feedback on the hotel mentioned.

Cheers

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,312 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aulani and Hilton Hawaiian Village

The time you are coming should be warm and dry. Sept. and Oct. are our warmest months. Both hotels you mention are great for kids.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aulani and Hilton Hawaiian Village

Haven't stayed personally at HHV, but have friends and acquaintances who have and loved it! I have stayed at Aulani, and thought it superb. Going back for a longer stay early next year! I agree with the very knowledgeable FishDiva that both sounds fabulous for kids and families!! Happy planning!

Sydney
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aulani and Hilton Hawaiian Village

Hi

Have stayed twice at HHV. Whole family loved it. Pools are great and so is the lagoon. Short walk into Waikiki. It was nice to walk back along the beach at night after going out for dinner. Which tower are you staying in?

Sydney
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aulani and Hilton Hawaiian Village

Hi

Have stayed twice at HHV. Whole family loved it. Pools are great and so is the lagoon. Short walk into Waikiki. It was nice to walk back along the beach at night after going out for dinner. Which tower are you staying in?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,607 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aulani and Hilton Hawaiian Village

How good HHV is depends on which tower you are in, how busy the hotel is and what conferences are going on at the HHV convention center.

There are two or three of the seven towers I'd never stay in and when the hotel is busy it is very hard to get lounge chairs around the pools.

I am also not wild about the size of the hotel, it is the 17th largest in the world.

All things being equal I'd rather be closer to the middle of Waikiki, like the Outrigger Waikiki, Hyatt Regency and Royal Hawaiian,

Oh and the walk "into" Waikiki (HHV is in Waikiki, just the far end) might be easy for adults, less so for little legs.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aulani and Hilton Hawaiian Village

HHV would be a bit if a walk for your 2yo - are you bringing a stroller? When our youngest was 2 we brought our 3 over and I bought a $20 stroller from Kmart that was perfect. If you are flying Hawaiian the walk to and from departure both in Sydney and Oahu are a big walk for little legs do a stroller will make things easy.

Our kids are now aged 8, 6 and 4 and have bbeen to Oahu 4 times. Each trip we do a split stay between Aulani and Waikiki.

Aulani is pricey but really well thought out and gorgeous, very relaxing.

Haven't stayed at HHV but as others have said it is huge! We stay at Trump which is closer but even so Hilton is only a 5-10min walk from being in the centre of Waikiki.

Virginia
Level Contributor
677 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aulani and Hilton Hawaiian Village

Although hhv is farther down the beach that is also a benefit. You have a great stretch of beach, pools, lagoon and the resort to roam around. For families that is a great thing. You can go down to central Waikiki but don't necessarily need to. If you stay in the Rainbow or Alii tower you will surely appreciate the views and proximity to the beach.

8. Re: Aulani and Hilton Hawaiian Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 02, 2015