We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Blackpool
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon

Hi

Im looking to book my honeymoon to vegas and the hilton hawaii resort in honolulu. has anyone stayed there before, Would they recommend it for a honeymoon.

The whole holiday package flying from England costs £3500, staying in VEGAS and Hilton, 1 week in each. As its big bucks i just wanted to make sure that its worth it.

Also is Honolulyusafe at night, ie leaving a club late on.

Thanks

Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
505 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon

The Hilton Hawaiian Village is a great resort and it would make an excellent place to stay for a honeymoon. The property is beautiful.

Honolulu is very safe, especially in the Waikiki area where most of the activity is. There are visitors out very late in the evening, so you should always feel comfortable.

newcastle
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon

hi there - we too are planning our honeymoon in vegas and hawaii - one week in the bellagio in vegas then one week the four seasons( this might change to three days and four days elsewhere as very expensive!) any ideas where i could spend the other four??

Also your flights seem v expensive have you thought of booking them all individually? does anyone know if you can fly to hawaii from vegas or would we need to travel to la first??

newcastle
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon

hi there - we too are planning our honeymoon in vegas and hawaii - one week in the bellagio in vegas then one week the four seasons( this might change to three days and four days elsewhere as very expensive!) any ideas where i could spend the other four??

Also your flights seem v expensive have you thought of booking them all individually? does anyone know if you can fly to hawaii from vegas or would we need to travel to la first??

Blackpool
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon

Cheers guys

You can fly from Vegas to hawaii, www.hawainairlines.com

ive tried it all seperate and the price is only slightly cheaper

have a great stay

Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
505 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon

It depends on what airline you fly. There are flights from Las Vegas that go directly to Honolulu, I know ATA is one of the airlines that has a direct flight. However, most of the flights have to connect through another city, so it's pretty hard to book a direct flight.

newcastle
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon

thanks everyone - can you just confirm the airport name in hawaii i need to travel to for the four seasons hualulai, also as its expensive is there restaurants/ evening entertainment of any sort nearby??? i am so excited!!!

Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
505 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon

if you're flying into Honolulu first:

Honolulu International Airport (HNL)

major Big Island airports:

Hilo International Airport (ITO)

Kona International Airport (KOA)

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
186 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon

Aloha!!

Congratulations on your upcoming marraige. The HHV is a very nice place to stay in Waikiki. Besides the hotel complex it is within walking distanceof most everything that Waikiki has to offer.

As for the Four Seasons, It is expensive, but once you get there you will see why. It is a wonderful resort , one of the best on the Hawaiian islands. The Big island has a lot to offer but unlike your stay at the HHV you will be quite some distance from other things to do and see on the Big Island. Would think you will be arriving at the Kona airport. You didn't mention if you are going to rent a car in Kona but this is a big island requiring a car. We've had numerous clients stay at the Four Seasons and all have loved it.

Have a wonderful honeymoon. You picked some very nice hotels to stay in, including the Bellagio.

Deannatravel

Utah
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon

The HHV is a great choice - I recommend the Ali'i tower, which will provide more privacy and pampering.

Kailua, Hawai'i
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon

I second the Ali'i tower for a honeymoon. I stayed there for my wedding night last year and we loved it! It is clean and the amenities were great!

Word of caution though:

I have been reading a lot about bed bugs, not necessarily at this hotel, but in general. It has gotten me a little paranoid, so any where you chose, make sure to do the following:

-Check the mattress (lift up the sheets) for tiny blood spots and or bugs in the creases.

-Check the headboard (if any)

-Do not leave your luggage on the ground, put it on a table or stand.

I read these precautionary steps on the web by Googling "bed bugs." I am going to the Big Island later this month, and I am staying in a very expensive hotel and I can assure you that I will be doing the same!

Have fun and congrats!