We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kualoa Ranch - 2 Hour ATV

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Kualoa Ranch - 2 Hour ATV

Has anyone done this tour? Would you say its worth it? Any highlights you visit while riding around?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kualoa Ranch - 2 Hour ATV

We did the tour in a hummer and it was fantastic. Taking us to all the movie location sites was surreal. Our favourite moments were the Lost locations. We had very good pictures taken and got to pretend to play golf with Hurley on his golf course.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
196 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kualoa Ranch - 2 Hour ATV

Im going with the kos hummer lost tour. Havent done it yet but im curious for reviews.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kualoa Ranch - 2 Hour ATV

Truthfully - I think you will be happy with any of the activities at Kualoa Ranch. The area is so drop-dead gorgeous that they could be reading you phonebook ... and you would be happy.

I've always wanted to take their catamaran sail ... hmmm .... maybe I will ... heading over soon.

Quebec
Level Contributor
280 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kualoa Ranch - 2 Hour ATV

We did the 2 hour ATV tour and really enjoyed it! Scenery is breathtaking, highly recommended.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
678 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kualoa Ranch - 2 Hour ATV

We are planning a return visit to Kualoa Ranch. We did the jungle tour and loved it. This time my husband and now 16 year old will do the ATV tour which I heard was good but not fast. I think my 14 year old and I will do the horseback.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60653-d27…

Australia
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kualoa Ranch - 2 Hour ATV

We did the 2 hour ATV a couple of years ago with our 3 teenage kids and it was one of the highlights of our holiday. The fun factor, the stunning scenery, the movie settings, WWII bunkers, eating wild guava's, great photo ops and the great guide. Would do it again in a heart beat. Worth every penny we paid for our family of five.

FYI: we booked via Save on Tours Hawaii before leaving on our trip and saved a bit of money.

Have a great time.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
279 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kualoa Ranch - 2 Hour ATV

I did it last October. It was ok, hot and dusty. They keep you at a pretty slow steady speed in a single line the whole way and tell you not to get too far behind. It was a fairly controlled experience and although it was fun at first, I got tired of trying to keep up at the same slow speed of the person in front of me because I ended up concentrating mostly on that. Not exactly the time of my life trying to make sure I didn't get too close or too far behind. I definitely didn't feel wild, free, and full of excitement. My friend didn't enjoy herself at all. Was it worth it? Not to me. I enjoyed the movie tour much more and it was pretty much the same sites minus the dust, but to each his own. Some people loved it. I kinda wished I would have chosen something else. The ranch was amazing though, so pretty.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kualoa Ranch - 2 Hour ATV

We recently did this tour, it was a lot of fun!! I've never done anything like this before so found it a little tricky to get the hang of the throttle and turning!!! The guide was really patient and showed me the trick. The bikes are fixed so they only go 15mph which was fine for me but going down hill you can get it to go faster!! I could see how some people might find it boring if you have ridden an ATV before, but the scenery is so lovely that it would cure any bored feelings. It is dusty so don't wear white!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kualoa Ranch - 2 Hour ATV

We did the 2-hour horseback ride, mostly because as it's been mentioned - if I'm going to be moving slowly in single file - I'd rather be on a horse. Tour was great, and the staff at the ranch were incredible. The scenery is pretty spectacular.

We were actually there on Halloween and had no idea how seriously Hawaiians take the day. Most of the staff were dressed up - including many of the horses. They also told us to go down to Kalakaua Avenue that evening to see how Waikiki does Halloween.

Edited: 2:52 pm, May 08, 2014
10. Re: Kualoa Ranch - 2 Hour ATV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 10, 2015