We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveller in october

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barry, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Solo traveller in october

Hi

I'm going to Oahu in October by myself, any hints or tips on where to go and what to do? Have a few plans but group things would be good!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,950 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo traveller in october

Welcome to TripAdvisor!

Do you have a good travel guidebook for Oahu? A good map? Also pull up www.gohawaii.com for ideas and events on Oahu. It's terribly commercial, but helpful.

Will you have a car?

Start reading down through the OAHU Forum. Lots of great information.

Also tell us where you are staying and how many nights you will be on Oahu.

We can help you ... but we need more information from you.

Edited: 3:16 pm, April 19, 2014
Seattle
Level Contributor
41,967 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo traveller in october

I've been to Waikiki/Honolulu/Oahu 5 times, 4 of those were solo trips. You can do whatever you want. Waikiki is very easy to get around, reasonably safe, plenty to see and do.

Mostly I just go to the beach, read in the sun by my hotel pool, maybe plan a couple days something more formal. I like the Iolani Palace tour, Doris Duke ShangriLa estate tour, and visiting the Foster Botanical gardens and Chinatown (for example). Visit the various Farmer's Markets, and keep your eyes open for free Hawaiian music & dance shows various locations.

I just walk & use The Bus (public transportation) to get around.

suze

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo traveller in october

I like to do some tours, and use The Bus /walk other times. Did tour to North Shore, going on a catamaran is nice, found afternoon sail had friendlier response from people than the moonlight/sunset ones. It is a friendly Island, people will talk to you.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo traveller in october

Hi there,

There are plenty of amazing things to see and do in Oahu. My absolute favourite is going on a tour of Kualoa Ranch. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Snorkelling in Hanauma Bay is also a must.

I have written a blog post that may assist you, as I have summarised some of my recommendations and tips for Oahu - rebeccaearl.net/why-hawaii-is-my-hotspot/

Enjoy your trip!

5. Re: Solo traveller in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 22, 2015