We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbour /Arizona Memorial -

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbour /Arizona Memorial -

Hi

we are only in Hawaii for 10 days in March , is it imperative to book the above trip before we get there or would we have a good chance of availabliity to source once on island.

we understand that there Tours that have have reserved tickets etc

which is the better one and priced.- looking at doing a half day trip max .

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,083 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbour /Arizona Memorial -

Yes, you should book your Arizona Memorial slots/tickets NOW. Today.

You do not need a commercial tour of Pearl Harbor. Only the National Parks Services and their affiliates give tours within the Park. Most ads that you see for tours are simply transportation. You can easily take the bus instead ... and enjoy Pearl Harbor on your own time schedule. Commercial tours will rush you.

Mentioned in this post
Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor Tours
150 Reviews
Oahu, HI
La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,095 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbour /Arizona Memorial -

Park Service official site. Lots of helpful info and link to reservations. Do be aware you need to check in one hour prior to your booked time..otherwise your tickets may be given away. Booking fee is $1.50 each. Note the bag restrictions too.

http://www.nps.gov/valr/index.htm

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,152 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbour /Arizona Memorial -

How many is "we"? When in March?

The first day that you can reserve 2 tickets is March 22.

www.recreation.gov/tourDetails.do…

If you take The Bus, make reservations for USS Arizona Memorial for 8:30 or later. Takes an hour to get there by bus from Waikiki and you need to pick up tickets at least an hour before your tour.

Only 35 of the 150 tickets for each tour can be reserved online. Commercial tours also have reserved tickets.

The rest are for walk-ups.

You will need to get there as early as you can for walk-up tickets. 8:00am or earlier.

You can also take a commercial "tour". But as others said, all they do is drop you off & wait for you until the official tour is over. But, they do have reserved tickets for the official tour.

The least expensive Commercial tour that actually has reserved tickets for USS Arizona Memorial is Enoa.

enoa.com/pearl-harbor-tours/…

If you want to visit other Pearl Harbor museums after USS Arizona Memorial, then ditch the commercial tour & take the bus back.

Mentioned in this post
USS Arizona Memorial
USS Arizona Memorial
23,055 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor Tours
150 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbour /Arizona Memorial -

Thank you : )

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
331 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl Harbour /Arizona Memorial -

We were on island in Sep/Oct last year, we booked na AM island tour to include the Arizona. I looked through our Hawaii stuff and cannot find who we booked with! They picked us up, 4 adults, at 0800 in a black Mercedes van, the party was small, probably 12 in all. They took us to the Arizona, had our tickets and we took the tour, then off to Diamond head and then dropped us off at our hotels, I would highly recommend them, I'll try to get their name and re-post. As I recall, it was pretty reasonable too!

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Diamond Head Beach Hotel
Diamond Head Beach Hotel
152 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
331 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pearl Harbour /Arizona Memorial -

Here's the website, www.ussarizonamemorial.info/group-reservation

they do have a Arizona tour for $34.00!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,083 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pearl Harbour /Arizona Memorial -

There is SO much more to Pearl Harbor than the Arizona Memorial. Yes, the Arizona is a "must see," but so are the other sites available within the Park. Don't cut yourself short. Remember, the Arizona Memorial tickets are free ... as is Pearl Harbor itself. Commercial tours are transportation.

Mentioned in this post
Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor Tours
150 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Seattle...
Level Contributor
246 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pearl Harbour /Arizona Memorial -

We were there a week ago. We had booked ahead of time for the USS Arizona tour. Our tour was for 2:30 and cancelled and they re-booked us into the 1:30 tour. There were plenty of walk on folks on that tour. We arrived at noon and spent the first hour walking around with the audio tour. I think if you get there with some time to spare and a flexible schedule, you could be fine without a reservation.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,901 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pearl Harbour /Arizona Memorial -

Aloha,

Much info on this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k510895…

Crawford, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Pearl Harbour /Arizona Memorial -

Everyone has mentioned that the Pearl Harbor tours are free, but when I sign up for a Passport package on the http://www.recreation.gov/tour website, it ends up costing me $200 for four tickets. What am I missing or don't understand?

Mentioned in this post
Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor Tours
150 Reviews
Oahu, HI