We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloha Circle Island Tours

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Aloha Circle Island Tours

Has anyone been on the Aloha Circle island tour? Would you recommend this tour or have a recommendation for tours for younger crowds?

Thanks!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,953 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloha Circle Island Tours

I just googled: Aloha Circle Island Tours:

This is what I got:

bbb.org/hawaii/business-reviews/sightseeing-…

Probably nothing wrong with them.

It appears they are a third party.

Enoa, Robert's Hawaii and Polynesian Adventures are are the three most popular actual tours.

cedar rapids , iowa
Level Contributor
110 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloha Circle Island Tours

I am a huge fan of E NOA tours...smaller buses and very fun tour guides

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
249 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aloha Circle Island Tours

We used a private tour guide who had a van that all 9 of us fitted in comfortably. That way we got to choose what we wanted to see and had the expertise of a local guide to show us the sights. The business is run by Charlie and he loves Aussies! He's reliable, on time and lots of fun. If you would like his details lauradeee, please send me a private message and I'd be happy to supply his contact email and phone no.. (I'm not sure if I am allowed to display tour guide details here on Trip Advisor forum. ???)

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Aloha Circle Island Tours

Hawaiiturtletours.com is by far the funnest, informational, and just the best overall tour.

The big 3 tour companies rush you along and don't have a personal feel that the turtle team

has. Lmk which you choose and what you think but hawaiiturtletours has you seeing turtles up close and even swimming with them if the waves permit. An amazing experience!!

Canberra (capital...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aloha Circle Island Tours

I too am a great fan of E Noa after my circle tour last year. It was a smallish bus and the guide was very warm, entertaining and I learned a lot. All ages on the bus and we all got along well because the guide was very inclusive. I think I paid about $80

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,310 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aloha Circle Island Tours

I also prefer Enoa. Roberts is excellent, but last time I called them (wasn't long ago) - they were still using big buses. The thing that makes me crazy about tours is getting on and off the bus. It chews up SO much time. The smaller the bus/van - the better.

Understand that if the tour includes Pearl Harbor - they will rush you in and out. Pearl Harbor is huge with major activities and museums. I recommend that you go on your own and make reservations for the Arizona Memorial on line.

And with tours - you are at their mercy ... they stop where they want, the schedule they determine, etc. If you really want to explore the Island - rent a car.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,310 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aloha Circle Island Tours

<Hawaiiturtletours.com is by far the funnest, informational, and just the best overall tour.>> So you have been on ALL the other tours and know this to be true?

F J
Oahu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aloha Circle Island Tours

Never heard of them myself or seen them driving or at the tourist spots. There are a lot of startups trying to make it doing tours. The PUC fee is huge and of course there is a big $ outlay for the bus, insurance etc etc. Sometimes they make it, most don't.

All of that doesn't discount this company, though. Virtually all these new ones have owners and drivers who've worked the business and are striking out on their own. Some of them are a little more creative, energetic, and innovative than the older companies and consequently make it awfully fun for visitors. Looking at their facebook they seem to be one of these.

Like others here, I personally recommend E'Noa. They use the 25 pax bus-- all their buses are pretty new, their drivers are great and they go to certain spots the big buses can't get into to. They're all pretty good, but the best driver is Shannon. Get him if you can.

(Roberts does the 25 pax, but it is based on how many sign up. E'Noa uses strictly 25 pax buses.)

Hamilton, New...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Aloha Circle Island Tours

I've been on the tour and it is awesome! Good for every age. My friend and I were 21, and there were a few people of similar age, slightly older couples, and families. The tour guides are a lot of fun and are really knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend them!

Edited: 5:23 am, May 21, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aloha Circle Island Tours

We did a tour with Aloha Circle Island Tours last week and it was ok. To be honest, I think if you can find a tour guide (like the one the poster above said they can advise to you) to take you around that would be best option. The thing with ACIT and perhaps other tour companies is that they have a lot to cram into a shortish time - it's a really full day and because most of it is spent being driven around rather than getting off and spending time in the surroundings, then you miss a lot. And the chat never stops! So you are trying to watch the gorgeous views and listen to pretty much non stop info about the island, its history, legends etc. It is v interesting but too much. And there were so many places I'd have loved to have gotten off at but we couldn't. They have a set route and set places they stop off at, no more than 15 mins at each. Believe me, 15 mins flies by! For us, it was a chance to do a reccy and when we go back we will hire a car and take our time. So it was good from that point of view. But your best move is to hire a local guide and between you, tailor a day's outing. We didn't get to go to Diamond Head Crater which was on their list and Turtle Bay have stopped tour groups from stopping there to swim with turtles so he took us to a place up the road for snorkeling and it was v ordinary. Water was murky and there were 3 small fish of nondescript colour so don't get excited about that, especially if you have snorkeled on Great Barrier Reef or in Bali or elsewhere. Hope this helps.