We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Tour

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbor Remembrance Tour

If you are active duty, retired, reserve, national guard or a DOD civilian you can take advantage of this amazing opportunity. The COMPACFLT Admirals Boathouse offers a guided tour that includes a tour of the boat house, a talk in the photo and model museum, a historical video and then a narrated tour on the Remembrance Barge that goes out and around Ford Island, past the USS Utah and USS Nevada sites and then docs at the Arizona Memorial. You are there for about 20 minutes before they return you to the boathouse.

While my daughter was here we did this and it was wonderful. I will never take the regular tour again. Since it's right down the street from the memorial park you can easily walk down and participate in the rest of the activities afterwards.

Here's an article about the program:

hookelenews.com/remembrance-barge-tour-lives…

California
Level Contributor
442 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbor Remembrance Tour

Thank you MsCombs for this information. We will be on Oahu next month and we were discussing what to see (as this is Hawaiian vacation #20 or so... ) we are always looking for

something new. I've definitely added this tour to our itinerary. Mahalo

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbor Remembrance Tour

You are welcome :) I am so glad we went on that tour. If you are active duty you have to be in uniform unless you are on leave. You must have leave orders.

No Flip Flops or slip on shoes. No short shorts or inapporpriate clothing. When you make the reservation they will send an email with all the info.

3. Re: Pearl Harbor Remembrance Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 18, 2014