We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free or cheap parking near Aqua Waikiki Wave

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Free or cheap parking near Aqua Waikiki Wave

Daily rate at the AWW is $23. Not sure if hiring a car for the full 6 days we are there.

Any other parking options which are reasonably priced and within walking distance to the hotel.

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,222 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free or cheap parking near Aqua Waikiki Wave

For hotel parking in Waikiki that IS reasonably priced. Seriously.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,435 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Free or cheap parking near Aqua Waikiki Wave

I agree with suze. $23 in Waikiki is not bad.

You could park at Aston Waikiki Banyan (#70) for $15/day. Its probably 400-500 meters from the Wave (#44). About a minute walk. I would just park at the Wave considering only $8 more.

www.discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Free or cheap parking near Aqua Waikiki Wave

Wow, Dustman, folks must walk very, very fast in Minnesota...

Guess they have to so as not to freeze in place.

But 500 meters in one minute?

There aint too many folks who can sprint that fast.

Actually it's about half-mile betwixt the two,

And, takes a solid seven or eight minutes to stroll (if you hit the lights just right).

Not to niggle,my brother, but don't want the OP to think the Banyan is an easy alternative.

$23 nowadays is a pretty good price.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free or cheap parking near Aqua Waikiki Wave

Just to update..........I ended up parking on the street overnight as we left the following day just after 7am, when the meters kick in. Other times, we fluked getting a street park for about an hour or so whilst we ran up to the room to do whatever and leave again.

Saved $23 :)

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,435 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Free or cheap parking near Aqua Waikiki Wave

I meant to say a 5-10 minute walk.

California
Level Contributor
622 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free or cheap parking near Aqua Waikiki Wave

I wish there was a better answer to your question, but alas....Suze, Dusty and Amberloo are right. We've searched all over Waikiki on previous trips and $23 per day is about the best you'll find.

Not sure if this helps, but here's our logic:

When we make a budget for our next Hawaiian vacation... along with air fare, hotel, rental car, gas, food and entertainment... we simply add in the price of parking. It's part of the deal.

Hope you have a great vacation .....

7. Re: Free or cheap parking near Aqua Waikiki Wave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 20, 2014