We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watching Tour de France 2013 - Waikiki

Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Watching Tour de France 2013 - Waikiki

Hi there,

We are currently in Waikiki - weather is amazing! Does anyone know somewhere like a sports bar or cafe that might screen the final weekend of Tour de France? I noticed a place in the Waikiki Beach Walk played the Australian State of Origin rugby league finals the other night. Our hotel doesn't seem to offer many sports channels and we have missed five nights so far. SBS Australia has a great TDF website but video is blocked to USA.

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,838 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watching Tour de France 2013 - Waikiki

We go down to Waikiki Beach Walk to Giovanni Pastrami to watch baseball games. If you go up to the back area, it's basically a sports bar and they have lots of TV's visible for various tables. They will tune to whatever channel you want, so if it's on they will probably be able to get it.

They also have free audio speakers that can be set at an individual table that you can hear what is being said as well. Nice area, nice place, food is just "so-so" but the beer is cold. Might ask them ahead of time if they will be able to pick up the races. It is on the east side of the street, about half way down. It's not a huge place so you have to look a little bit for it.

Here is their website

http://www.giovannipastrami.com/sports.php

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,661 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Watching Tour de France 2013 - Waikiki

I'd go to Buffalo Wild Wings or Giovanni Pastrami.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watching Tour de France 2013 - Waikiki

Another vote for Giovanni's - great happy hour drinks and free pizza!

No California
Level Contributor
234 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Watching Tour de France 2013 - Waikiki

I just came back from being out of town for 4 days and really missed the TDF coverage. Until I could get home to watch the stages that we had recorded, I got updates here http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2013/us (sorry, can seem to make it link).

I was in Las Vegas which has sports bars everywhere, but there was VERY limited coverage of the tour.

5. Re: Watching Tour de France 2013 - Waikiki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 20, 2014