We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to expect to pay for on the jetstar flight.

melbourne
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
what to expect to pay for on the jetstar flight.

flying to Hawaii hopefully in march with husband and a 2yo. what am I expected to pay for? meals, drinks and what are they, snacks? movies/headphones, can I pack a lunch or snacks what is accepted

Runaway Bay...
Level Contributor
243 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: what to expect to pay for on the jetstar flight.

You will have to pay for all food, drinks and entertainment on Jetstar as well as your luggage, that isnt included in the flight cost. Yes you can pack food to take on the plane, but may not be able to take all food off the plane (fresh fruit etc) Have you looked at Hawaiian airlines? everything is included with them even 2x32 kg luggage per adult. I found them to actually be cheaper than Jetstar even before taking into consideration extra food costs etc but this was pre Jetstar sale so not sure what deals you can get for your dates

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to expect to pay for on the jetstar flight.

We pay for 15kg/pp out of Oz and 40kg back. We arrive at the airport 3 hours before departure and have a good, casual meal from one of the many restaurants at Sydney Airport before departure. We pay for no meal packages in-flight, but take some sandwiches, biscuits, fruit and confectionary with us. We buy some drinks from a vending machine just before boarding. We usually grab a coffee or a cold drink and a crackers 'n cheese snack pack off the cart in the morning.

Coming back, choices at Honolulu Airport aren't as good for the early departured on visiting the ABC store the night before for some supplies. I don't really get that hungry. It's ususally just to break the boredom of the flight.

For in-flight entertainment, we usually book the airline's entertainment units (Jetstar now use Ipads) but this time we only booked one. We'll take the wife's Ipad as well and download a few movies from the Itunes store. swapping to get a variety. I just checked this month's Ipad selection on the Jetstar site and I hope they change them for July. Urgh! You've Got Mail? Ya' gotta' be joking!

Your own noise-cancelling headphones are a good idea as well. Make sure the ones you buy have the twin-plug airline adapter so you can listen to the free music channels if you wish.

As Bella mentioned, you can take mosy foodstuffs out of Australia, just not into Hawaii. Consume what you want and just dispose of the rest before customs/immigration. Be aware that you can't take large quantities of liquids through Australian exit security screening. That's why we grab ours from the vending machines just before departure, after security screening. Water is provided on-board in the form of a single 375ml bottle which can be refilled from water dispensers in flight. There are certain allowances for baby juice, baby milk & baby sterilised water. Here's the official guidelines for you.

…infrastructure.gov.au/international/files/L…

3. Re: what to expect to pay for on the jetstar flight.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 28, 2014