We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Outrigger Reef on the beach ocean view room

houston
Level Contributor
89 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Outrigger Reef on the beach ocean view room

Hi All,

I have booked Outrigger Reef on the beach ocean view room for 4 nights in July. My son wants to have a room with ocean view. I heard that only the oceanfont room will have a "real" ocean view, the ocean view rooms are normally blocked. The rate difference between ocean view and ocean font view is quite a lot and I can only afford up to the ocean view. But if the ocean view room is not really that nice, should I even spend the money for the ocean view room? Or, is there a particular tower/section that I should request for a better ocean view room?

Thanks!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Outrigger Reef on the beach ocean view room

Well, I just pushed the wrong button and popped up on TripAdvisor Rome! It must be a sign! But I digress...

The ocean view rooms that I caution visitors about are the "PARTIAL" ocean view - not the ocean view. Partial ocean view may have so little "ocean" that they are not worth the extra money ... and often the partial ocean view can only be seen on a balcony or through trees.

outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/hawaiian-island…

Have you seen this? It's on the Reef website, but you gotta search for it. It shows you where each of the catagories is.

Also - if you scroll down to the properties that interest you, you'll get an aerial view.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/oahu/oah…

ocea

California
Level Contributor
573 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Outrigger Reef on the beach ocean view room

We've stayed in ocean view rooms at the Reef.. You will definitely get a nice ocean view, some rooms being better located than others. We had one room where the ocean view was good, but you had to be sitting on the lanai. Another room had the ocean view from inside the guest room as well as on the lanai. I believe some are classified as deluxe ocean view due to a superior location.

Some ocean view rooms are located on higher floors etc. depends what they give you. You can make requests, but room location is not guaranteed, just category will be.

Aloha, Oregon
Level Contributor
127 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Outrigger Reef on the beach ocean view room

Ocean Tower has the better views. We've stayed in Partial ocean view and had nice view of ocean and diamond head, but have to be near back of building. Enjoy.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,208 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Outrigger Reef on the beach ocean view room

Have son pay difference , then book the best room you can.. if he wants it he can pay for it.

PS I booked and stayed in a City View room at the Outrigger Waikiki and from our small balcony we had a great ocean view.. will never pay more for a ocean view again. Yes you can't see the view unless you sit on the balcony but there are two chairs out there and a table so sit out there and look at it, or like us, leave room and go and enjoy it!

Edited: 12:44 am, May 16, 2013
Waikiki6
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Outrigger Reef on the beach ocean view room

Additional notes here are that this hotel is right on the beach, not accross the street, or up several blocks. You can take the elevator down to the street level and walk right out to the beach, so your son can enjoy it and you don't have to pay the higher price. We've stayed in ocean front, ocean view and partial ocean view and all are fabulous.

6. Re: Questions about Outrigger Reef on the beach ocean view room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 19, 2014