We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Waikiki to Ala Moana?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
385 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from Waikiki to Ala Moana?

Just wanted to know how long it would take to walk to the mall from central waikiki (we're staying at the beachcomber). We are planning to get a car some or all of the time, but we enjoy walking. Is it a long walk? Is it a nice scenic one or a bit of a waste of time?

Thanks!

England
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
385 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Walking from Waikiki to Ala Moana?

Thanks for your responses - i just wanted to see if it was worthwhile walking as opposed to cramming onto a bus. As there isn't that much to see we will just stick to our car or bus if not. Beedoo - thanks for the suggestions, we will walk along the beachfront etc anyway so good to know there are plenty of options.

BLBL - We will be reserving our car ahead of time (I am an avid planner for just about everything!) - probably next week as we are having a mini holiday to spain this week, once that is done it is full on Hawaii planning mode for the next couple of months!

Thanks!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,908 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Walking from Waikiki to Ala Moana?

It isn't the heat, it is the humidity. I'd hate to get to Ala Moana and be "moist" from the walk. The Bus is easy and fast.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,311 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Walking from Waikiki to Ala Moana?

I agree with Scott - but would add that the sun can be pretty intense for such a long walk.

Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Walking from Waikiki to Ala Moana?

I always walk to the mall and cab it on the way back, I blame that on my shopping addiction!

15. Re: Walking from Waikiki to Ala Moana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 17, 2014