We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel question

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Woodridge, New York
Level Contributor
267 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
hotel question

I have read many posts and asked questions in the past as I have been trying to go to Hawaii for a year or so. I originally wanted to go in September but have been noticing some deals for March-is this a good time to visit? I will be 29 and will be going solo ( I want to go before my 30th birthday). I wont have a car so I need to stay in Waikiki, but maybe one of these is a little away from all of the people yet in walking distance to everything I may need? The hotel/airfare packages in my price range are for the following hotels:

Ambassador

Maile Sky Court

Ewa

Stay Hotel

Castle Hokele Suites

Castle Waikiki Grand

What are your thoughts on these? I do not plan to hang out in the room much (sleep and shower) but it HAS to be clean (fear of bed bugs-and I know they can be in any room).

I have also looked at Ilima, Royal Grove breakers and aqua aloha

Thanks in advance for your input

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,251 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: hotel question

I agree with Suze the Breakers would be great but it will cost over double what you can get a room at the Royal Grove for.

The RG is definitely a budget hotel very basic with older furnishings but it is clean and the beds are good too. Splurge for the category 1 room with a/c.

Woodridge, New York
Level Contributor
267 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: hotel question

I'm thinking around $100 or so per night would be ok, but I don't want to stay in something gross either. Ilima was my first choice when I was looking before because I saw a good package deal then (now it is too much). I will look into reserving them separately now:)

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,283 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: hotel question

You can see my recent thread here titled "under $100/night", it has lots of the same information you are seeking.

$100 is what I was looking for too (I was just there April 20-27). I could not find anything for that price, but got fairly clos (~$125 with everything in for a kitchenette pool-facing room at White Sands).

The closest I found were (I know I'm repeating myself):

Waikiki Sand Villa

White Sands

Polynesian Plaza

Ambassador, Ilima, and The Breakers were all on my list too, but turned out to be significantly more expensive.

None of the places being mentioned are "gross" but they ain't the Ritz either ;) in that price range in central Waikiki you have to have reasonable expectations about what you'll get for that (low for the area) price.

aloha, suze

14. Re: hotel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 10, 2014