We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Reef on the Beach - any deal?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Outrigger Reef on the Beach - any deal?

We are going to stay 2 nights at Honolulu near end of May this year. Saw many good reviews on Outrigger Reef on the Beach and would love to try it this time. But it is quite off our price range (maximum is mid-$200, while it is easily mid-$300 per night).

Does anyone have experience booking that place at a price closer to our price range? Should we wait until last minute and hope for some last minute deals? Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,927 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Reef on the Beach - any deal?

Might look at the Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber. It is located directly across the street from the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach and is the best location for being central to the best parts of Waikiki for beach, shopping and restaurants.

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Reef on the Beach - any deal?

I got Outrigger Reef for $159 in February 2012 through the AAA website. The trick was NOT letting the website route me through to the PleasantHolidays site. (I had to try several links at the main page. Like hitting "book travel" may have taken me to Pleasant, but "hotels" put me in AAA's booking engine.) Still, it was a special member deal that didn't last long.

Also try airline websites, like aa.com and united.com. They occasionally have deals. Plus all the other websites, like expedia.com and travelocity.com. Sometimes one can have a deal others don't.

And try signing up at Outrigger's site for e-mail promotions. Also search their website for deals and promo codes.

If you're planning on renting a car, try booking hotel+car packages at many different websites. Occasionally, that'll cause a discount to kick in.

Honestly, if you haven't seen the rate fall under $200 yet, I doubt it's going to. But if you have the time, it's worth trying. Just make sure you have your backup plan booked and that its' fully refundable up to 72 hours prior to arrive. That way, if there is a last-minute deal, you'll be able to grab it.

Good luck!

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Reef on the Beach - any deal?

We get newsletter/email updates from Outrigger and they're offering a "48% off Barefoot deal" at the moment. That's off the rack rate which is right up there. Happy hunting.

Larchmont, New York
Level Contributor
363 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Reef on the Beach - any deal?

PlaceBets check out the specials page on the hotel's website which mentions the "Go Barefoot" rates that HarleyNut cited. outriggerreef-onthebeach.com/specials-and-pa…

My wife and I are staying for 6 nights in late May and are paying $216/night for a city view room with this promotion. The hotel looks terrific and I think these prices are quite good.

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,927 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outrigger Reef on the Beach - any deal?

NYTraveler - I sure agree with you on that. I have not seen that low this year for that or the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. I just happen to already have a room booked for May on points for free at a different property. But for someone wanting to do the Reef, it is not bad at all.

I did notice it is for a "moderate (no view)" room, whatever that means. I assume you must stare into a wall. The next category up is the "city view" room and is a little higher.

But, for a great hotel in a great location, this price probably can't be beat this year. Thanks for the info to Harleynut and NYTravelerBD.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outrigger Reef on the Beach - any deal?

Thank you all for the good info!

NYTraveler - I went to that website and got a quote of $223+tax per night for city view room. This is already much cheaper than what I could find before. Thanks for sharing! :)

Just wondering, will there be any resort fee or extra cost on top of what we pay now?

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outrigger Reef on the Beach - any deal?

That's s nice thing about the outriggers, no resort fee, hope that doesn't change.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outrigger Reef on the Beach - any deal?

Booked! Can't wait to be there next month! :D

Thanks for all the help! Mahalo!

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outrigger Reef on the Beach - any deal?

Well done, Kamanchow, Have a great time.

Placebets, I'd say the "No View" rooms would be the ones looking at the Waikiki Shore's backside, Not the view I'd want for a vacation in Waikiki. Think I'd shell out a few bucks more for something less depressing. Some say you don't spend much time at all in your room, but it's good to have a reasonable outlook even if it's the city. For $189/nite all inclusive, we're in a 1 (king) bedroom condo at the Shore in July. No ocean view unless you lean off the lanai, but a great aspect overlooking Fort Derussy Park and that's with a gratis carpark. Hard to beat.

Another bonus is that the condo is available to us from 8am. I had contacted the owner to ask if we could rent the night before we arrive so that we could get straight in and she said that wasn't necessary as the tenant before us is leaving the day before and it'll be ready when we arrive. So nice dealing with owners and not a "couldn't give a rats" employee. That is a real bonus after flying for 10hrs overnight and landing at 6.30am. I remember last time we arrived in Waikiki after an overnighter and the hotel room wasn't available until 2.30pm. We were like zombies by that stage.

Larchmont, New York
Level Contributor
363 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outrigger Reef on the Beach - any deal?

Kamanchow glad I could help out. I'm really looking forward to staying at the Outrigger next month and I know you'll really enjoy it.

Please note there is no resort fee but parking costs $35/day. I understand there is a public parking lot nearby that is substantially less expensive, which we will definitely use.