We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zumba in Waikiki

Seattle
Level Contributor
55,535 posts
22 reviews
64 helpful votes
Zumba in Waikiki

OK my island friends, i know this is a long-shot but i'm gonna ask...

Getting my Zumba Fitness schedule pulled together for next week. I see classes at Waikiki Beach Marriott and HHV (anyone know about these, are they for guests only or open to the public?). Also the Waikiki Comm Center & Jefferson Elementary. There are classes at the YMCA which I'm guessing would be members only. Then three studios on Ward Ave: Hawaiian Elec Co, Honolulu Club, and Studio X.

Anybody here take Zumba, happen to know about it, ever even see a Zumba class around somewhere? Any and all comments appreciated.

mahalo, suze

1. Re: Zumba in Waikiki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:33 am, April 28, 2013
Seattle
Level Contributor
55,535 posts
22 reviews
64 helpful votes
2. Re: Zumba in Waikiki

Thanks Gerald B. I'll put the Y back on my list then! much appreciated. suze

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
65 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Zumba in Waikiki

That's good info to know suze, I just started Zumba last week!

Seattle
Level Contributor
55,535 posts
22 reviews
64 helpful votes
4. Re: Zumba in Waikiki

capelli, I've been doing Zumba (5-7x/wk) for almost 4 years now. I'm addicted big-time. I always look up classes on vacation and have done lots of fun ones in both Mexico and Hawaii in the past. It's great because people want a way to "meet locals" or "live like a local" and going to exercise classes gets you this. Maybe not the ones at the hotel/resorts I mentioned, but at the elementary schools, church basements, studios, community center are usually a group of locals, few if any tourists. Just go on zumba.com and put in a zip code or a city name anywhere in the world and you'll get the local schedules and teacher contacts.

zumba-love, suze

5. Re: Zumba in Waikiki

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Seattle
Level Contributor
55,535 posts
22 reviews
64 helpful votes
6. Re: Zumba in Waikiki

Shakin' booty is kinda the whole idea GeraldB (lol!). Did you take your classes in Hawaii?

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
65 reviews
3 helpful votes
7. Re: Zumba in Waikiki

Cool!

Thanks suze :)

Edited: 5:15 pm, April 17, 2013
8. Re: Zumba in Waikiki

Seattle
Level Contributor
55,535 posts
22 reviews
64 helpful votes
9. Re: Zumba in Waikiki

i was hoping perhaps former guests at Waikiki Beach Marriott or HHV might have seen classes going on. they are pretty loud and hard to miss, especially if being done outdoors. will investigate and report back.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
118 reviews
61 helpful votes
10. Re: Zumba in Waikiki

Suze,

I had no idea they did Zumba at the HHV. i will definitely have to look into it next trip!

You are correct in that it would be hard to miss... that music is not only loud but so incredibly inviting and FUN that I would think the entire property would be up and dancing! LOL

Let me know what you find out...