We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helicopter flights in Hawaii

sydney
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Topic
helicopter flights in Hawaii

I'm wondering if you could please advise if the 60 minute helicopter from from Waikiki is worth it compared to the 45 minute flight?

1. Re: helicopter flights in Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:34 am, September 04, 2013
Seattle
Level Contributor
5,373 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: helicopter flights in Hawaii

Doors off!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,637 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: helicopter flights in Hawaii

But seat belt on !!!

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: helicopter flights in Hawaii

As noted, it depends on what you want to see and where each tour goes. Need more details from you. We took a 1-hour tour out of Hilo. When I told my wife we'd have to pay more if we wanted to take a chopper without doors, she thought I was nuts. We took one with doors-- did pay more for a chopper with bigger windows, but still less than one without doors-- and liked it just fine (she forgot her jacket, so I bought her a sweatshirt at the airport, and didn't need it). Others feel the extra cost not to have doors is worth it. You may end up sitting in the middle, of course. They often assign seats based on weight upon departure.

Edited: 1:34 pm, April 14, 2013
5. Re: helicopter flights in Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 16, 2014