We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family holiday in honolulu

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Topic
family holiday in honolulu

My family of 4 are planning a family trip from melbourne australia to Honolulu in july for 14 nights. we have 2 teenage girls 18 & 15, dont want to get disappointed with the accom. as it puts a damper on the trip! got some quotes for ohana waikiki west ;ohana waikiki malia & aston at the waikiki banyan. some reviews are not very encouraging! so confused looking at all the reviews! looking for good apartment style accom with kitchenette or hotels on or near waikiki beach, close to shops etc with good,clean facilities(upper to midscale) willing to pay around around total of Aus $ 3500 - $3700 for the stay. any suggestions?

thanks - for your time

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family holiday in honolulu

So basically you want to pay $260AUS per night for the busiest month on Oahu?

I don't even know if you would get a condo for those rates, let alone a decent hotel room..

What are the exact dates, I'll do some hunting for you.. :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,172 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family holiday in honolulu

If you can get into the Aston Waikiki Banyan for that I would, it is a good place. Some individual condos may be in better shape than others, but it depends on how sensitive you are to a "tired" condo. For me, I wouldn't really care as long as the place was functional and I wasn't paying 4 star prices for a 2 star accommodation.

Other spots to check are the Waikiki Sand Villa, Hotel Ilima and Waikiki White Sands.

See if this website helps.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/oahu/oah…

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family holiday in honolulu

Might want to try the Imperial Resort Hotel on Lewers. It has some 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suites. As a parent of 2 teenaged girls also, I recommend something with a little more space. Location central to everything.

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family holiday in honolulu

Might be worth checking this thread out - a lot of 2 bedroom condo discussion and linkage in there - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k639062…

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family holiday in honolulu

I know this will be a bit over-budget ... but at least take a look. The Embassy Suites. They are about 1/2 block from the beach. They have the room you need, and a full breakfast everyday. They have a free reception in the afternoons as well. They are within easy walking distance of great restaurants for all budgets. A great location your family will love! Dining room table set-up and microwaves, frig, sinks. Taking into consideration what you might save ... please consider.

http://embassysuiteswaikiki.com/

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family holiday in honolulu

How about the Waikiki Sunset you can rent through Aston or VRBO.

Outrigger Regency Waikiki is another possibility.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
755 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: family holiday in honolulu

We like the Banyan, and rent through vrbo.com . Most sleep 4 comfortably, usually with a queen bed or two singles and a pull out couch that sleeps 2. Good area, with a nice pool deck.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
243 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: family holiday in honolulu

You can also try http://www.kokoresorts.com for Waikiki Sunset and Banyan they sometimes have 2 bedrooms available @ Waikiki Sunset.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
89 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: family holiday in honolulu

Would you cope with a large 1 bedroom apartment with rollaway beds for the girls? The Aston beach towers are large and well located, with a full kitchen and large balconies. I suspect they are a better option for you than two hotel rooms. The two bedroom units would be even better but you would have to pay more than your prefèrred price.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: family holiday in honolulu

I agree with the embassy suites. As a family we stayed here and found the accomodation lovely and well suited to the family needs. As already mentioned great breakfast, great location- close to beach, shops and transport and above restaurants. Able to walk most places. Plus, they have a nice pool area. Enjoy!!