We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me plan a private circle island tour

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help me plan a private circle island tour

My family is having a reunion in Honolulu this April. We are a party of 14 with ages ranging from 12 -86. We will be there for 9 nights doing a split stay of 4 nights in Waikiki with no car, then renting a car to move to Aulani and staying for 5 nights.

While in Waikiki, we would like to arrange for a private circle island tour. We are going this route because my mother is 86. She can still walk but can tire more easily now. A private tour offers us the flexibility of exploring a place longer if she is enjoying or cutting the tour short if she is tiring.

I am in charge of planning this tour and I come to seek help from the experts! Basic considerations for this tour: no hiking, wheelchair friendly if long walks, a 7-8 hour day max. I've looked through some of the itineraries made by tour companies and have some sights that are must see and I would like to ask you to comment on the other possible sights we can add on our 8 hour tour. Another consideration is that since we have a car in Aulani, the sights that we don't see, we can maybe visit on our own?

Here goes. Must see sights are Byodo in Temple, Kahala Estates and Macadamia nut farm. Other possible sights that could be added to complete tour: Diamond head, Hanauma Bay, Pali lookout, La'ie Point,Waimea Bay, Haleiwa, Turtle Bay Resort, kualoa ranch, Kahala hotel - feed dolphins and any suggestions you may have.

Thank you in advance for all your help. Thanks too for your patience in reading my background information.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me plan a private circle island tour

NYMomo, I can recommend a few different tour bus companies but, all depends on the size of the bus available.

Give Jay's Limousine a call at 808-4501919. Jay has a 25 pax bus and one more smaller I think 16 pax and he could give you the rates and condition for your circle island tour. Inform Jay that you want to do the sights you mentioned above and he will work one itinerary out for you visiting all that was mentioned, very, conveniently and on the way. The tour will be between 6 and 8 hours.

Jay is a local born proprietor/owner and knows his Hawaiiana. Good luck

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me plan a private circle island tour

Good advice in the above. Your tour operator could help you time this out. You have much more than 6-8 hours of sights. I would scratch the nut farm. It is a tourist trap as indicated by the tour buses that fill the parking lot. You may want to consider the Hanauma Bay for a separate trip with the younger ones. There's a bus down to the beach, but it has some mobility challenges. Wonderful place to visit though.

3. Re: Help me plan a private circle island tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 17, 2014