We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day in Honolulu 2013

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day in Honolulu 2013

Hi There,

I plan on spending Christmas Day in Honolulu with my partner and his family. There will be about 6 of us in total (2 young couples - late twenties and an older couple in their sixties). Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant to have Christmas lunch? We don't mind paying a bit more for somewhere really nice and special as it will be Christmas and we have enough time to budget for it. The atmosphere will be important as we would like to have some drinks at the bar and a nice view if possible. I have been to Waikiki before, however I have also heard that Diamond Head is really beautiful? I am open to all suggestions and am thankful for your advice :)

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,905 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day in Honolulu 2013

Depending on where the restaurant is located in Waikiki you can see Diamond Head. Most restaurants will have a brunch like menu and perhaps their regular menu. Get reservations no matter where you go as soon as they will take them.

Try Orchids at the Halekulani, The restaurants in the Royal Hawaiian or Moana Surfrider.

honolulu
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day in Honolulu 2013

Hi..I would book Hau Tree Lanai for lunch...

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day in Honolulu 2013

We spent xmas in waikiki last year and had early dinner at Dukes we had a lovely meal. Moana surfrider is a beautiful setting on their verandah. We got our hotel to book for us just after thanksgiving.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day in Honolulu 2013

Thanks for your tips everyone! Much appriciated :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,822 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day in Honolulu 2013

Orchids would be my first pick, but see if you can get reservations, it is very popular with locals during the holidays. Hau Tree Lanai might be my second choice and I'd check Hula Grill, maybe the Chart House.

Some restaurants may have special menus, others may not. "Christmas Lunch" doesn't have the same connotation in the U.S. it does in Australia, Christmas Dinner is the main meal on the holiday.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,905 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day in Honolulu 2013

I've had Christmas dinner at the Chart House. What a great way to end a great day!! We had a table at the rail and you could see all the boats in the harbor all lighted up with Christmas lights. The meal itself was heavenly.

I went to dinner at the Hau Tree for the first time back in October. It was way over the top expensive and the meal was terrible. View was terrific.

7. Re: Christmas Day in Honolulu 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 20, 2014