We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tapa Tower or Rainbow Tower

maumelle, arkansas
1 post
Save Topic
Tapa Tower or Rainbow Tower

After 36 years, my husband and I are retiring and going on a family vacation. We will be staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Which tower would you choose between, the Rainbow Tower or Tapa Tower? There are so many mixed reviews, that I am very concerned.

Thanks,

BT

G.R. MI
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Tapa Tower or Rainbow Tower

BT

I'm in the same boat...wondering if maybe springing the extra to get into the Ali'i section.

bp

tampa, fl
Level Contributor
295 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tapa Tower or Rainbow Tower

I stayed at the HHV last year and stayed in the Kauai tower but did get a chance to look at a Tapa Tower room. I thought the room looked very nice. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the towers at the Hilton, but if you are trying to get a REALLY special zing for your money, I would do the Ali tower. There you have a few more frills like a separate pool and hot tub as well as appetizers during every evening. Also you have an individual check in for this tower versus the combination check in desk for all the other towers.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tapa Tower or Rainbow Tower

I've decided on the HHV, where can I get the best rates?

I'm going the end of July.

Thanks,

CA

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tapa Tower or Rainbow Tower

i am an airline employee and we are staying at the Hilton for $199 per night this June 2006 which is actually a good deal but they pick your room i stayed in the Alii tower in Oct 2005 for $239 per night i went directly through the Hilton website under Hilton HHonors specials i tried all of the internet websites like Hotels.com and Orbitz and Travelocity and blah blah blah and none of them could compare to going directly through the hotel if you can get some kind of special like AAA or military or ???

5. Re: Tapa Tower or Rainbow Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 13, 2009