We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report day 1 and 2 - on the go and some tips

Waratah, NSW
Level Contributor
245 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report day 1 and 2 - on the go and some tips

Thought I would post our trip so far. Arrived Wed 27/02 used Hawaii 23 for transport. As we did not have a cell phone our instructions were to use public phones- driver arrived just after we called. TIP there is a change machine right next to public phones it take $1 and $5 notes- we had to crinkle the money as it did not like fresh notes.

We arrived outrigger on reef and were given early book in around 10.30 am. I emailed in advance they could not guarantee but would if there were rooms. We have a partial ocean view looking over the pool, we can see ocean easily from the loung and lanai.

We decided to wander around Waikiki get our bearings find where the bus stops for our tours and check out the other hotels.

We ate a late snack lunch at the international market then came back to have a nap for 2 hours. We did try to make the day without a sleep- but got very little sleep on the overnight flight. After our nap we wandered aound waikiki and then ate at the pool bar at our hotel.

Thur 28/02 my 50th birthday (actually day before in Aus). We had a late breakfast at shorebird- quite good for 14.95. TIP keep your docket as they often have 50% off vouchors- we threw ours away not understanding what she said. For the day we were going to the PCC our pick up was for 12pm at the Sheraton. After asking around we finally found the Aloha landing. There was alot of activity with Japanese tours and shuttles plus other bus stops TIP get accurate pick up information - girls near us where at the wrong location and had to run over to the other bus stops.

We did the ambassador package at PCC, we arrived just before 2 we had quick rest room break while our guide got the tickets. We went straight on tour with our guide for the canoe ceremoney. No chances for food- I had to run off get hubby a snack and drink as he has diabeties and needs food. TIP take drinks and snacks if on this package. We only had from 3 to 5 to tour the PCC- not sure if I would do the guided tour again. The guide was quick paced and my hubby could not keep up - I should have hired a scooter. We went to 2 performances plus the canoe ride- should have skipped the ride we tried to but the guide was insistent- should have stood our ground as my husband could barely sit. Next was dinner- the prime dining was American food plus you go through to normal dining for some polynesian food (plastic plates). Wished I taken the other option where they were greated with leis and had more traditional food - only did prime as my hubby is picky- then he tells me when in Rome do as Romans do- cannot win. The highlighht was the show Ha breath of life. We had excellent seats 3 rd row in centre- you get the better seats with package plus free icecream. I had a great birthday would go back to PCC to see things I missed.

Aloha for now will continue latter.

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Aloha Hawaii Tours
Aloha Hawaii Tours
1,264 Reviews
Oahu, HI
maidstone, england
Level Contributor
340 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report day 1 and 2 - on the go and some tips

Reading your review with interest, making notes! Quite a while before we go, but all information gratefully read. Happy belated birthday wishes have a super holiday.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report day 1 and 2 - on the go and some tips

Enjoying your trip report so far...sounds like a fantastic trip!! Have a great time.

Bendigo
Level Contributor
958 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report day 1 and 2 - on the go and some tips

Keep going - waiting for the next part of your trip.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report day 1 and 2 - on the go and some tips

Happy Birthday. Looking forward to following your adventures. Thanks so much for sharing.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report day 1 and 2 - on the go and some tips

I always appreciate trip reports that give tips. Looking forward to more.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,550 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report day 1 and 2 - on the go and some tips

Very nice. Thanks!

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,179 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report day 1 and 2 - on the go and some tips

Aloha,

Mahalo for the report

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report day 1 and 2 - on the go and some tips

Sounds like a fab start - off to find part 2! Thanks for the tips!

Lou73

9. Re: Trip report day 1 and 2 - on the go and some tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 09, 2014