We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding vow renewal - leis

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waratah, NSW
Level Contributor
230 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding vow renewal - leis

Hi

we are renewing our wedding vows at the outrigger on the beach as it fall on our 20 anniversary we are staying at the outrigger reef.

On one of the post I read you need buy a lei for the ceremony- can you get these early in the morning or do we buy the night before?

We will be there Wed- but I would like the opinion of others noty just the hotel.

Mam

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,193 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding vow renewal - leis

We got ours ahead of time and kept them in the mini-fridge. Most lei will keep for several days, refrigerated.

You could make an early morning run, if you wanted to. I believe the super market is open early enough.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,399 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding vow renewal - leis

Aloha,

There are two Lei stands at the Royal Hawaiian Center.

Aunty Bella's

royalhawaiiancenter.com/store/…2138814117

And the Coconut Lei Stand

royalhawaiiancenter.com/store/…2138814123

Both are on the sidewalk fronting Kalakaua Ave.

Aloha

California
Level Contributor
573 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding vow renewal - leis

You need to buy 2 leis as you'll be exchanging them with each other. I would purchase them the day before as the ceremony is so early, not sure what places would be open. The orchid ones will keep for a long time if you take care of them. Keep in refrigerator as someone already said. Be sure they are in a plastic bag & I sprinkled a little water on them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
235 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding vow renewal - leis

Do they sell them at the ceremony?

Also wanted to know if you can go to these ceremonies if you are not staying at the hotel???

California
Level Contributor
573 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding vow renewal - leis

No you have to be a guest at one of the two Outriggers. They don't sell the leis at the ceremony.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
235 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding vow renewal - leis

Do you know of any other places that do it?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding vow renewal - leis

I saw some beautiful orchid leis at Walgreens. They are in a refrigerator so you could buy them the day before and keep them refrigerated for the next day.

California
Level Contributor
573 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding vow renewal - leis

Aloha tcollins,

I've never heard of any other hotels offering the free ceremony for their guests.

New York
Level Contributor
134 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding vow renewal - leis

What's with all the vow renewals?

Did the old ones wear out?

We spent our 50th traveling to Maui and ate cold pizza after Hawaiin Air cancelled our flight and we had to take a later flight.

So, we made a vow...never to fly Hawaiin Airlines again!

Marty

Waratah, NSW
Level Contributor
230 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding vow renewal - leis

We are getting ready to make our way to the sirport today (2-3 hrs). I may even try to make a lei - the hotel and RoyalHawaiin offer lessons- will buy some too.

We thought it be nice to do our vows- my BIL/SIL did them last year too. Surviving 20 years marriage was hard work!