We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favorite restaurant?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Richland...
Level Contributor
50 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
What is your favorite restaurant?

I know food is talked about a lot on here, but I also know there are a lot of locals on these boards. Would you mind sharing your favorites? They don't have to be high class or a particular type of food. I'm just curious to try some new places this time!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favorite restaurant?

This one is easy-Michel's-LaMer-Orchids, for high end restaurants-all are right on the beach with high quality food, great service and wonderful view.

The Azure, Beach House, are also all around great restaurants with great view as well.

Hula Grill, Top of waikiki, Duke's, are good food, fun places to at.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,544 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favorite restaurant?

Aloha,

I enjoy the 12th Ave. Grill in Kaimuki.

http://12thavegrill.com/

Good food at a decent price

Aloha

Edited: 9:05 pm, February 15, 2013
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,014 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favorite restaurant?

Even though we live here, very few of us are what you can call "local". Has a different meaning in Hawaii then other places. My favorite restaurant is Duke's. Not only for sentimental reasons but the food too!!

4. Re: What is your favorite restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:04 pm, September 15, 2013
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,388 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favorite restaurant?

Top Questions on the right side of the page, Amberloo & Food is a great thread for foodies.

Amberloo is the best source for restaurants in Honolulu/Waikiki. His list is really good.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,896 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favorite restaurant?

"Favorite" depends on what one is craving at the time and without knowing where you've eaten before it is impossible to say what might be " new places this time" for you.

There are places like The Whole Ox that is amazing food and Angry Korean Lady (Ah-Lang) that is a hoot and half as an experience. There are the Kaimuki restaurants like Salt Kitchen, 3660 on The Rise and Town that tourists seldom get to. Chinatown has Restaurant Epic and Duc's Bistro.

Foodies will stay up all night arguing the worthiness of La Mer, Alan Wong's and Chef Mavro to claim the title of "best restaurant".

The divey Asian places (Japanese & Korean) that get talked about here a lot are favorites.

It comes down to do you want the setting, the flavor or the experience or what acceptable combination of the three?

If I was told I could only eat at one restaurant on Oahu and never return to the island again it would be Orchids at Halekulani. I would reminisce on 50+ years of meals in the location and store up memories for the next 50+.

Edited: 12:20 am, February 16, 2013
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,995 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favorite restaurant?

Duke's for beachside lunch. At the Halekulani, House Without a Key for casual dinner and Orchids for a fabulous brunch.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,864 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favorite restaurant?

Another vote for the Hula Grill.

For Japanese, try Chiba Ken. Sort of a hole in the wall type of place, but very good and they have a small patio with a few tables out there.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favorite restaurant?

Alan Wong's

Michel's

Hy's

Baci Bistro

Arrancino

Little Village Noodle house

Kua Aina Sandwich

Tiki's

The Alley

Teddy's Bigger Burgers

Cafe Sistina

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is your favorite restaurant?

Appetizers and Cocktails at House Without A Key, followed by seafood dinner at Orchids at the Halekulani. The food, entertainment and view of Diamond Head can't be beat. A perfect evening.