We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wyndham waikiki beach walk/parking

florida
Level Contributor
136 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
wyndham waikiki beach walk/parking

Greetings,

We will be in Oahu for three days before spending 7 days on Kauai in late May. We are a family group of 5 adults, and will be arriving early afternoon the first day, and leave early morning on the fourth. We have plans to spend one day at Pearl Harbor; and probably one day doing the Diamond Head Crater walk in am, and then maybe a drive outside Waikiki to Hanauma Bay or just some general wandering...There is valet parking $30/day, and I saw some ideas for cheap parking around Fort de Russy (?) area. I wondered if it is worth it to rent the car, or if I should just punt? Our group is active, varying in age from 21-80. We could just get a private shuttle that was talked about(Hawaii 123 or go808 express)to/from airport, and take the bus to Pearl? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, sherri

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
22,777 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wyndham waikiki beach walk/parking

Aloha,

You can find parking at the King Kalakaua Plaza.

www.yelp.com/biz/king-kalakaua-plaza-honolulu

About $15.

Get a car and explore the island

Aloha

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,646 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wyndham waikiki beach walk/parking

Rent a car the entire time. You will waste many hours taking public transportation & you won't save any $$ by not renting a car.

Here is the thread that mentions inexpensive parking in the area:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k576881…

florida
Level Contributor
136 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wyndham waikiki beach walk/parking

jet83- that looks like about half a mile or so from Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk, does that sound accurate? After $30/day- $15 looks like manna from heaven...

dusty- I am sure that you are right, it was just very painful contemplating $30 valet fees daily..much better use for my money- like a mai tai ;)

Thanks to both of you for your feedback...

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
22,777 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: wyndham waikiki beach walk/parking

Aloha,

Yes, maybe a little less

Let the young guns handle the parking and pick-up

Aloha

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,646 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: wyndham waikiki beach walk/parking

About 3 city blocks away. About a 7 minute walk.

Whyndham is #29 (Fairfield) on this map. I'm not sure if it is formerly Fairfield or if it is Whydham Fairfield. I've seen it mentioned both ways.

The parking garage is just to the right of Waikiki Gateway #16 and across Kalakaua from Luana #17.

www.discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html

6. Re: wyndham waikiki beach walk/parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 15, 2014