We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Marriott to stay in Honolulu, Waikiki Beach or KoOlina?

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What Marriott to stay in Honolulu, Waikiki Beach or KoOlina?

Hi, I've never been to Hawaii before, but will be going there for 2 weeks in March for business.... So my question is what place should I stay at....Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa or Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club. I am 30 years old and would like to experience as much of the Hawaiian experience that I can when I am not working. Thanks anyone for your help!!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,050 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What Marriott to stay in Honolulu, Waikiki Beach or KoOlina?

Marriott Waikiki for sure. I've stayed there many times. It's kind of on one end of the Waikiki strip, so it's a little quieter, but just a very short walk away.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What Marriott to stay in Honolulu, Waikiki Beach or KoOlina?

Thank you!

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What Marriott to stay in Honolulu, Waikiki Beach or KoOlina?

Why not a few nights at Ko Olina and the rest of the time at Waikiki?

No need to split 50-50. You could create your own perfect mix of slow-paced luxury and Waikiki convenience.

That's what I'd do!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,323 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: What Marriott to stay in Honolulu, Waikiki Beach or KoOlina?

I think Beachee has a great idea if you can split the time.

Albuquerque, New...
14 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: What Marriott to stay in Honolulu, Waikiki Beach or KoOlina?

The waikiki beach marriott is nicer and has the best location. I can also say that their deluxe ocean rooms are amazing. You will need to pay for parking anywhere you stay, but the wakiki beach marriott is right across from the beach!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,009 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: What Marriott to stay in Honolulu, Waikiki Beach or KoOlina?

Just be aware you will be running into heavy traffic going in and out of Waikiki and on the H1 every morning on your way to work and evening on your way back. Plan on at least an hour's commute each way in order not to be late for work.

Frisco, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: What Marriott to stay in Honolulu, Waikiki Beach or KoOlina?

Hi, I have same dilemma. How was it? You recommend Marriott @ Waikiki? Or KoOlina? Thx!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,342 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: What Marriott to stay in Honolulu, Waikiki Beach or KoOlina?

KingYeye it is always best to post your own topic because people may not respond to an older thread like this.

Where to stay depends on a few factors, if you've been to Oahu before and how long you have.

First time to Oahu, 8 nights or less, I'd stay at the Waikiki Marriott in the front tower (See link below).

If I was there 9 nights I might be tempted to spend my first 6 at Waikiki and last three just relaxing at Ko'Olina.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/oahu/oah…

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,068 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: What Marriott to stay in Honolulu, Waikiki Beach or KoOlina?

I agree completely with Scott. And please, in the future, start a new thread/post with your questions. (You'll get the hang of it!)

20. Re: What Marriott to stay in Honolulu, Waikiki Beach or KoOlina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 31, 2014